Sports: 2005 NFL Season

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cowboys just pulled out an exciting win vs. Panthers, 24-20.

Peppers got called for running into the kicked vs. Billy Cundiff (who SUCKS). Had Cundiff made the kick, it would have only tied the game, but it gave the 'Boys a 1st down and they went on to score the winning TD.

Steve Smith got ejected for bumping a ref (it wasn't a big bump, but the refs obviously felt otherwise - maybe he said something bad). Might have been the difference in the game.

Cowboys are 9-6 now. Dunno even if they win vs. Rams next weekend if they can make the playoffs, but outside of that laffer vs. Redskins last weekend they've played tough all year.

Edited by Aggie87

grandmama is running over the bengals

GO LIONS!!!!!

Not to be, I'm afraid. Still, a very nice ending to the Vermeil era. AFC is tough this year, considering a 10-6 team didn't make the playoffs. The Chiefs' main problem this year was winning road games. If they'd had one more win they'd likely be in.

Cincinnati didn't need this game but they're not playing well going into the playoffs. They got their ass kicked, although losing this game didn't hurt them.

It will be interesting to see what's next for the Chiefs.

Edited by Free For All

I loved it when he pumped the game ball in the air after Mike Doss presented it to him--I've never seen that much emotion from him on the sideline. It's been such a sad couple of weeks for the entire community; it was so nice to have him back.

Rachel,

I was sitting on the opposite side of the field (45 yard line) but directly in front of him when he got the ball....very emotional and about the most emotion you will see from the guy on the field. For the most part, there was no one within 15 feet of him during the entire game.

I was a little sad when they had a moment of silence for his son and right before it ended, I hear a vendor yell........ice cold beer!!! :mellow:

m~

I was a little sad when they had a moment of silence for his son and right before it ended, I hear a vendor yell........ice cold beer!!! :mellow:

oy... :blink:

from Bob Kravitz's column today in the Star:

"Coach Dungy has a heart that beats in all these players,'' punter Hunter Smith said. "This game is about money and entertainment and all those things, but every once in a while, you come across a special person. His heart comes through in every part of his life. And now I see it coming through in us.''

grandmama is running over the bengals

GO LIONS!!!!!

Not to be, I'm afraid. Still, a very nice ending to the Vermeil era. AFC is tough this year, considering a 10-6 team didn't make the playoffs. The Chiefs' main problem this year was winning road games. If they'd had one more win they'd likely be in.

Cincinnati didn't need this game but they're not playing well going into the playoffs. They got their ass kicked, although losing this game didn't hurt them.

It will be interesting to see what's next for the Chiefs.

Yeah, I was hoping the Lions beat the Steelers and the Chiefs get in the playoff. But I guess it wasn't meant to be...

I wish I could have watched Vermeil's last game, but I couldn't because the Colts were on Fox. I still don't understand why the local CBS (or Fox) can't show other NFL games when the Colts are playing in the same time slot.