2005 World Series

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, where is Dan these days anyway?

Try reading something other than the sports page. :rolleyes::angry:

I'm sorry. I forgot that you're from Miami, and after someone mentioned it, I felt pretty bad. I hope all is alright for you down there.

Dealing with far more important things for the past week:

20150375.jpg

Like we even had anything that wasn't a sports page in the last week...sheesh...

My apologies to all White Sox fans. I was dissing them pretty hard a few months ago - I didn't think they had it in em' to go all the way. But they just kicked ass on everybody for the final month of the season and kept it going right into the playoffs. They way it's supposed to be. It's a marathon not a sprint and Guillen got them going at the exact right time. Congratulations ChiSox fans!!!

My apologies to all White Sox fans.  I was dissing them pretty hard a few months ago - I didn't think they had it in em' to go all the way.  But they just kicked ass on everybody for the final month of the season and kept it going right into the playoffs.  They way it's supposed to be.  It's a marathon not a sprint and Guillen got them going at the exact right time.  Congratulations ChiSox fans!!!

Hey, we know you're a drummer and we didn't expect much. :P

My apologies to all White Sox fans.  I was dissing them pretty hard a few months ago - I didn't think they had it in em' to go all the way.  But they just kicked ass on everybody for the final month of the season and kept it going right into the playoffs.  They way it's supposed to be.  It's a marathon not a sprint and Guillen got them going at the exact right time.  Congratulations ChiSox fans!!!

Hey, we know you're a drummer and we didn't expect much. :P

That's OK. We all know that Record Producer is just one small notch above Used Car Salesmen so we don't expect much from you either. icon_nana.gif

Edited by Johnny E

Has a sweep ever been so close?

Been out of touch because of Wilma, but was able to see the sweep with the help of a battery powered 7 inch screen b&w TV. Was rooting for the Sox but was almost sad to see them sweep because it meant another night in the dark without a game to keep my mind sports-occupied during this hurricane imposed blackout.

Re a sweep being close, unfortunately I'm old enough to recall a sweep of my Yanks by the LA Dodgers in '63 where the 4 game scores were: 5-2, 4-1, 1-0, 2-1. In other words the Dodgers scored a grand total of 12 runs in four games meaning that the Yankee pitching staff had an ERA of 3.00 or lower (if one or more runs were unearned). The Yanks however scored only 4 runs in 4 games which has to be the mark for all time futility in a World Series. Of course, Koufax pitched two games and Drysdale pitched the only shutout. However, losing to Johnny Podres at that stage of his career was inexcusable.

Edited by MartyJazz

Who was the Dodgers' 4th starter in '63? I'm almost old enough to remember...;)

(and am old enough to should be able to remember from my old baseball cards...)

On the '63 Dodgers the much traveled Bob Miller was the 4th starter. He only started 23 to Koufax's 42.

And yup, Claude was a Senator in '63. Jim Bunning was not. ;)

Edited by Quincy

Although I'm a long time fan (40 years), these teams just don't do it for me.  Just not interested in this series. Just doesn't seem to have the fizz.  I've watched every other one since I've been a kid but this one just leaves me yawning.  Actually switched it off midway to watch AFI's 100 greatest movie quotes.

Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.