Mr. Sangrey, either you have banned me, or your PM

BERIGAN

There was a profile of her in the New Yorker recently as well. As a kind of weird social commentator, I guess she's... interesting. If, as she says in the Slate article, a comedian's job is only to "have funny thoughts..." well, I don't think I've ever laughed or internally smiled at one of her jokes or lines. And I don't blame Joe Franklin for being upset by the "he raped me" remark either. In a culture where women have frequently been accused of hyping charges of rape, it seems particularly callous. Maybe that's just part of Silverman's game. I like comedians who take risks, but I'm not seeing (or not getting) the payoffs from her take on things. Seems to me like her schtick is a failed variant of Lenny Bruce's "How to Relax Your Colored Friends at Parties."

Damn, my PM box IS full!

I dig Sarah Silverman. Maybe it's just because she's just a TOTAL babe, and because when I laugh at her, I want her to see me laughing at her and think that anybody who can laugh at her jokes that hard has GOT to be fun in the sack and then...Well, you know the rest. I'm a pig.

But I'm a FUN pig!

They did a profile of Silverman in The New Yorker a few weeks ago. I didn't find any of her material to be amusing in the least, so I guess she's what I'd refer to as an acquired taste that I won't be taking the time to acquire. I think it may be a generational thing. As to the "babe" factor, I've seen a whole lot worse....especially when it comes to female comedians.

Up over and out.

The ability to crack wise about matters in a way intended to shock people isn't necessarily humorous. I've seen her stand up (or bits of it--I find her commentary grating ), I've seen some of her series about Hollywood on the Trio Channel and I found it all not terribly interesting. She was on some show discussing her g-word controversy (in referring to Asians) from the Letterman show (I think) and how everybody missed the point and what I remembered was how self involved and clueless she was. But as long as folks think she's a babe, her talent, or lack therof, is immaterial. Madonna has built a major empire from being one of the worst singers to ever earn millions from singing. But she looks maaahvelous.