Welcome to new member Troy K!

Ladies and Gentlemen,

A fond welcome to my friend Troy Kendrick--gentleman, scholar, lover of all that is jazz and similar such art forms, player of the bass, lover/hater of Paul Chambers, lover of late-period McCoy Tyner...well, he can explain all of that for himself...

What more is there to say?

Delighted that my return to Seattle reqacuaints me with an old friend and allows me to (finally) bring someone over to this mad, mad world of ours.

Give it up!

Welcome, Troy!

:party:

Any friend of Peter's is a friend of Peter's. :)

Are we sure about that? :huh:

That's just what I was thinking. :lol:

Welcome to the board (and to seattle) Troy.

Just a little joke. Certainly no harm meant (unlike a couple of my other posts). :o

As they say, any friend of Peter's...................................................................

Wow, a kind introduction and a hearty welcome. I'm going to have to be on my best behavior.

Thanks to all. I'll look forward to the jazz banter.

Troy

Yes, please be on your best behavior.

I'd hate to see you get punched in the face by Chuck while JSngry, couw, and Jazzmoose hold you down.

;)

Edited by catesta

Actually, I do the punching. Chuck does the kicking in of the teeth, & Moose covers the groin kicks. Couw keeps the keg cold and within arm's reach, as well as the breaking of any extremities that are deemed necessary. Don't fuck with us because we will hurt you. As often as necessary, plus 20% to cover expenses.

So Troy, you got any live tapes you'd like to share?

My "best behavior" is still not acceptable in most polite circles. I'll make sure to type with protective equipment.

Sharing "live tapes" hmmm, we'll see. I HATE to listen to recordings of myself. I'm convinced that everything I play that is not captured is brilliant and everything that is recorded is pure crap. I also used to think that my metronome was broken, but fortunantely I locked myself in my basement for a few months until it started functioning properly.

Peter informed me recently after a few drinks that he has perfect pitch, which menas I'm never inviting him to one of my gigs again. I can't handle that kind of pressure.

Is this an afro or a dark cloud of consternation? :bwallace:

OK OK OK ..........now that we've handled the niceties, let's get down to crass tacks. Troy, my good man, you're the rookie. As the rookie there are "tasks" that you must handle with aplomb (or with a wooden spoon) till the next rookie comes aboard.

Your next task (should you wish to continue this odd-issy) is to fly down to Dallas TX and be at SAMBUCA'S, the Addison location, by 7PM Thursday December 15. There you will wait till I show up with alarmingly large cases full of cast-iron drums, gongs-a-plenty, and a pair of brushes. You will then unload, bring inside to the stage, and set everthing up. Blueprint, tools, crane, and dolly will be provided. Oh, and make sure the brushes are extended. Any questions that you may have that cannot be answered by the blueprint can be answered by the Dolly in red leather mask on stage left. She'll be watching you like an American hawk at an Iraqi detention camp.

At the end of the night you will do all the above in reverse. Did I mention that you'll need to wear a suit and tie?

Hey, it's a swanky-ass gig.... And don't make me yell at you for not having shined yer patent leather ankle-length Go-Go boots.

Extra points if you can handle the real-time transcriptions of what we play each set. At the end of the night you'll need to find a ride down to the 24 hour Post Office near downtown Dallas on I-30 so's the transcriptions can be mailed (to me) first thing in the morning before ya get on the Greyhound bus back to your hometown. I'd give ya a ride to do all that but I'll be tired after the gig. I'm sure you understand.

Welcome to our world...!

OK OK OK ..........now that we've handled the niceties, let's get down to crass tacks. Troy, my good man, you're the rookie. As the rookie there are "tasks" that you must handle with aplomb (or with a wooden spoon) till the next rookie comes aboard.

Your next task (should you wish to continue this odd-issy) is to fly down to Dallas TX and be at SAMBUCA'S, the Addison location, by 7PM Thursday December 15. There you will wait till I show up with alarmingly large cases full of cast-iron drums, gongs-a-plenty, and a pair of brushes. You will then unload, bring inside to the stage, and set everthing up. Blueprint, tools, crane, and dolly will be provided. Oh, and make sure the brushes are extended. Any questions that you may have that cannot be answered by the blueprint can be answered by the Dolly in red leather mask on stage left. She'll be watching you like an American hawk at an Iraqi detention camp.

At the end of the night you will do all the above in reverse. Did I mention that you'll need to wear a suit and tie?

Hey, it's a swanky-ass gig.... And don't make me yell at you for not having shined yer patent leather ankle-length Go-Go boots.

Extra points if you can handle the real-time transcriptions of what we play each set. At the end of the night you'll need to find a ride down to the 24 hour Post Office near downtown Dallas on I-30 so's the transcriptions can be mailed (to me) first thing in the morning before ya get on the Greyhound bus back to your hometown. I'd give ya a ride to do all that but I'll be tired after the gig. I'm sure you understand.

Welcome to our world...!

I like this guy.