It's a boy!

Your in for the ride of your life and every minute is worth it.

Liar, liar...you obviously haven't had a series of shoving matches break out over doll & pony outfits in your house this fine muggy afternoon? :P:P

GIRLS!!! DADDY HAS TO MAKE A JAZZ CD FOR MR. STEFAN AND MR. JAMES, SO SINCE IT'S A NICE DAY OUTSIDE WHY DON'T YOU GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY ??? :rsmile:

oh, and how about getting daddy a cool beverage on the way out? :rolleyes:

*** Yeah, it is a pretty good time...best wishes.

Thanks sincerely, everyone, for the good wishes.

Home from the hospital today - not much sleep these past 3 days, but a whole lot of silly grins between us! To answer a question posed above, his name is Alexander. Not a family name or anything, we just liked it as well as the shorter "Alex" (the nickname is the downfall of many otherwise perfectly good names, IMHO) and especially appreciated the fact that it has equivalents in just about all of our ethnicities (between Lisa and I we have Italian, Croatian, Mexican, Filipino, English, and Irish represented...so Alejandro, Alessandro, Alexei, etc).

Won't be checking in much in near future, I can tell - it's taken me all day to get to this brief post and it's now 8:30 PM - but will when I get a chance. Back to the fun for now...

Your in for the ride of your life and every minute is worth it.

Liar, liar...you obviously haven't had a series of shoving matches break out over doll & pony outfits in your house this fine muggy afternoon? :P:P

GIRLS!!! DADDY HAS TO MAKE A JAZZ CD FOR MR. STEFAN AND MR. JAMES, SO SINCE IT'S A NICE DAY OUTSIDE WHY DON'T YOU GO OUTSIDE AND PLAY ??? :rsmile:

oh, and how about getting daddy a cool beverage on the way out? :rolleyes:

*** Yeah, it is a pretty good time...best wishes.

Didn't intentionally lie, should have said--Almost every minute is worth it.

Wonderful news! Isn't it amazing how a little babies are born?

My wfe and I are the proud owners of a little girl who we adopted- we received the final adoption order from the judge a few days ago.....we've been doing foster care for her since 1/31/02 and now she's ours!. I hope her bio-mom gets her life together and someday when she's grown up both of them will meet......in this case, Annie and the bio-mom are better off.....she's not my biological offspring but I can imagine loving a child more than she..... :wub:

We listen to jazz every night during "tubby".....tonight was the Bossa Nova Years by Stan Getz.

Foster care is very rewarding (and very hard!)

Congratulations Vajerzy! What a wonderful feeling being a daddy is. Yesterday Alex and I did our first jazz listening session - we did a kind of memorial to Benny Carter. I figure you might as well start with a true master and someone who embodies the whole history of the music. I played some selections from his 1930's material (including the stuff with Hawkins and Django), then Keynote sessions, Capitol big band recordings, Granz dates with Oscar Peterson, ASPECTS (United Artists) to capture his "studio work" period, and finally the wonderous FURTHER DEFINITIONS (Impulse!), one of my favorite jazz recordings. He dug it, if kicking and looking around was any indication!

Guest Chaney

...He dug it, if kicking and looking around was any indication!

It certainly is an indication of enjoyment.

Add gurgling and drooling while listening and Alex and I are very much alike.

:winky: