Red Mitchell/Harold Land

bertrand

Bertrand, William Claxton who took the image on the album cover has another photo of Land and Mitchell at the scene in his recently published opus 'Jazz Life' (page 346). He says it was taken at a site undergoing destruction in Los Angeles. No other detail!

Bertrand, William Claxton who took the image on the album cover has another photo of Land and Mitchell at the scene in his recently published opus 'Jazz Life' (page 346). He says it was taken at a site undergoing destruction in Los Angeles. No other detail!

I think Claxton also mentioned that a couple kids walked by and asked what they were doing; he told them he was shooting a record cover.

m!

Speaking of the Watts Towers........

http://www.sphericalpanoramas.com/rodia.html

Scroll right, left, up or down (with your mouse), and zoom in or out (with the + and - sign buttons in the lower left, or the ctrl and shift keys on the left also zoom in and out). COOL!! :cool:

Cool!

I believe that Mingus wrote about Simon Rodia and his towers in Beneath the Underdog. But I can't find it, since the damn book has no index...