Recent Down Loads And Additions From E - Music

Soulstation1

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New today:

Miles - "Winter In Europe 1967" on the Gambit Records label.

Clips sound smokin'. I'm sure this stuff has been floating around on the boot circuit, but it's new to me.

Appears to be 2 full sets:

1. Introduction (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 0:31

2. Agitation (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 6:57

3. Footprints (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 9:06

4. Around Midnight (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 8:30

5. Gingerbread Boy Into The Theme (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 8:14

6. Introduction (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 2:21

7. Agitation (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 6:42

8. Footprints (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 6:02

9. I Fall In Love Too Easily (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 11:34

10. Walkin' (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 9:14

11. Gingerbread Boy (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 4:52

12. The Theme (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany)

I have two EHDs, one for the backup. I see no reason to burn onto CDRs; I did that for awhile, then realized having a backup EHD saves a lot of time.

Yep, I agree. I used to burn my mp3s onto CDR to listen to, but now I just keep my mp3s on my HD and listen to them via either the computer or squeezebox. I figure i already have enough CDs to play in the car or on the stereo, so I now keep them seperate.

New today:

Miles - "Winter In Europe 1967" on the Gambit Records label.

Clips sound smokin'. I'm sure this stuff has been floating around on the boot circuit, but it's new to me.

Appears to be 2 full sets:

1. Introduction (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 0:31

2. Agitation (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 6:57

3. Footprints (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 9:06

4. Around Midnight (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 8:30

5. Gingerbread Boy Into The Theme (Konserthuset, Stockholm, Sweden) 8:14

6. Introduction (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 2:21

7. Agitation (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 6:42

8. Footprints (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 6:02

9. I Fall In Love Too Easily (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 11:34

10. Walkin' (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 9:14

11. Gingerbread Boy (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany) 4:52

12. The Theme (Stadhalle, Karlsruhe, Germany)

get my downloads refreshed today

i'm gonna get that one

:cool:

Edited by Soulstation1

All the Vanguard stuff (so far) seems to be from the "Vanguard Visionaries" series. The reviews of them on AMG are pretty dismal for the most part. One of the main complains being the lack of liner notes (which has no effect on eMusic DL's for that matter).

There's a Larry Coryell set which has some interesting stuff on it, but it's an odd selection. I'd MUCH rather get the full albums, but a few tunes worth getting are: "Stiff Neck", "The Jam with Albert" and "Spaces (Infinite)".

FWIW, there's a Country Joe & the Fish "Visionaries" set, too. Worth DL-ing "Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine" and "Masked Marauder", if nothing else. Maybe the "The Fish Cheer" for nostalgia purposes.

This month's downloads:

Anthony Braxton - Six Compositions (GTM) 2001

Phineas Newborn, Jr. - A World of Piano

Clifford Brown / Max Roach Quintet - More Live at the Bee Hive

Kenny Burrell - 'Round Midnight

Joe Pass Quartet - Live At Yoshi's

Thelonious Monk - Thelonious In Action

Bud Powell - Blue Note Cafe, Paris, 1961

Art Tatum - Group Masterpieces, Vol. 4

Lester Young in Washington, D.C. 1956, Vol. 2

Baby Dodds - Talking and Drum Solos

Curtis Fuller and Hampton Hawes with French Horns

• 2 weeks later...

Been on a Vijay Iyer/Rudresh Mahanthappa kick lately... both of these records are sounding pretty darn good to me... :tup

I like Iyer a lot, though I have these on CD and not dl.

One new offering on emusic is David Murray's Sacred Ground. I haven't listened yet, but it has gotten rave reviews from Downbeat.

A bunch of great stuff just showed up today on the Gambit label. Best to 'browse' that label and find the new releases to get the full scope. Just a few include KD w/Jackie Mac (the Matador/Inta Somethin' 2-fer that was once on BN), Stitt w/Barry Harris, Mulligan Concert Jazz Band, Ella, Carmen McRae, Johnny Hartman, Elmo Hope, ... and on and on.

Check it out.

A bunch of great stuff just showed up today on the Gambit label. Best to 'browse' that label and find the new releases to get the full scope. Just a few include KD w/Jackie Mac (the Matador/Inta Somethin' 2-fer that was once on BN), Stitt w/Barry Harris, Mulligan Concert Jazz Band, Ella, Carmen McRae, Johnny Hartman, Elmo Hope, ... and on and on.

Check it out.

I wonder how Gambit can use the same cover art for Matador/Inta Somethin' that BN used.

I saw all the new Gambit additions (4 pages worth). For some, I was wondering where the material originally came from. Maybe we should start a Gambit thread with translation tables (this release = these original releases). Some are from other labels, some are from private tapes (the Warne Marsh?).

Also, for all the talk about the Andorrans being crooks (which I'll sidestep), I think they should get some credit for being jazz fans. Even with their not paying royalties for the masters, I can't believe they'll make much money from a 4-CD boxed set of the Elmo Hope Trio (Elmo). There can't be that many jazz fans out there.

It's also interesting that eMusic doesn't yet have the Fantasy Monterey releases. They're already on iTunes. But they do list the Joni Mitchell as a future release.

It's also interesting that eMusic doesn't yet have the Fantasy Monterey releases. They're already on iTunes. But they do list the Joni Mitchell as a future release.

On the Concord website, the Monterey albums have this comment: "All proceeds from this recording go to Monterey Jazz Festival-supported jazz education programs.". It's possible that it's something that might keep them off of eMusic.

Joni on eMusic makes sense as her new one is going to be on the same Starbucks/Hear/Concord label as McCartney's latest.