Those who died on stage...

birdanddizzy

this is not a musician, but quite a funny story about dying on-stage - the head and founder of Rodale Press, James Rodale, was on the Dick Cavett show talking about the company, which basically made its fortune with books and publications about organic gardening, and which advocated all kinds of self-health and natural cures. He had just said, on-air, "I'm so healthy that I expect to live on and on," when - guess what? He dropped dead of a heart attack -

Edited by AllenLowe

I have heard that the great bassist, George Tucker, died onstage but I've never been able to confirm it.

Does anybody have any information on how George died? Actually, George is one of my all time favorite bassists but it's been difficult to get much information on his life. Any leads?

just did a little research - Tiny Tim did not die the first time he collapsed on-stage, but three months later at ANOTHER gig - my friend - Joel Eckhaus - was playing uke at the first performance - there's actually a video tape of the incident -

No, he didn't die after his first collapse -

you are correct and you're probably referring to the Ukulele Hall of Fame gig two months before,

but he did die on stage at the Minneapolis gig for the Women's Club.

He was just introduced to the nearly empty hall

(that being a result of the arrogance of the bandleader's actions)

with his wife by his side and he collapsed and died right there.

can someone summarize that billy hart interview for those of us who cant download it? thanks

What are the details of this incident? I have always heard that heard that he was shot by an enstranged wife or ex-wife at a gig, but don't really know specifics.

I downloaded that HUGE Billy Hart version of the story and transposed it to mp3 (2.5Mb), which you can get here. Click the button, wait a few seconds for another button to appear and download (.zip mp3). Hope that helps.

I downloaded that HUGE Billy Hart version of the story and transposed it to mp3 (2.5Mb), which you can get here. Click the button, wait a few seconds for another button to appear and download (.zip mp3). Hope that helps.

Download never commences, second button takes me to upload screen. Whazzupwidat?

Download never commences, second button takes me to upload screen. Whazzupwidat?

Bottom of page:

You are downloading BILLY HART on the_day_lee_morgan_died.zip (2.53 MB).

Please wait for 10 seconds.

Click "Download" button.

Edited by Mr. Gone

• 2 weeks later...

Harold Ashby suffered an attack immediately upon the end of a concert at the Folly Theater, Kansas City. He was hospitalized afterwards and never came out of medical care, dying some period of time later. At the time of his attack, a fan had just come up to the stage and unexpectedly screamed in his face, "what kind of saxophone did Johnny Hodges play?"