Ebay craziness

$688 for the Ventura/Phillips and the auction still has 5 1/2 hours to run. This has to be close to the highest price any Mosaic has ever fetched, with the possible exception of the Cole or the Ferguson, both of which were considerably larger sets. I mean, this is an excellent outing, but I did the math all by myself and this works out to over $115 per CD. Someone needs to have their friggin' head examined.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

I believe that all of the Charlie Ventura material (as is the Flip Phillips) is available on a Definitive Records release ... was it "taken" from the Mosaic remastering I wonder?? :-)

I did not buy this when it was still available because I had most of the Flip Phillips sides and I did not care that much for the Ventura sessions. I have changed my mind on Ventura by now.

That's one of the Mosaics I should have gotten!

I believe that all of the Charlie Ventura material (as is the Flip Phillips) is available on a Definitive Records release ... was it "taken" from the Mosaic remastering I wonder?? :-)

Thanks Garth, I'm not one to shy away from getting Definitive CDs but I try to ignore them when they issue stuff right after the Mosaic boxes appearances. Which was the case with those Venturas. And I'm sure they used Mosaic remasterings!

I'm traveling the Chronological Classics on this material and hope they will soon have the few sides I am missing...

$112 was the Mosaic list prize when the box was available.

Not interested in this sale and I refuse to buy from people selling these items when they miss the outside box or any worthy document.

Oh, these krazy kollectors....

:crazy:

Would you buy it if one of the CDs were missing? (just in case the music contained in it wasn´t a worthy document)

:g

Edited by EKE BBB

Not interested in this sale and I refuse to buy from people selling these items when they miss the outside box or any worthy document.

I know that it was 112$... that's what I paid. But guys posting such crap on ebay should not get 100% positive feedback... probably their customers are of the same breed?

Oh, these krazy kollectors....

:crazy:

Would you buy it if one of the CDs were missing? (just in case the music contained in it wasn´t a worthy document)

:g

I would sell you the missing disc from my own set, but only for 199.99$, of course, since the set is only worth half of the full prize with one disc missing, you see?