Ebay craziness

I've given up trying to get a Maynard set. Somebody always wants it for a few hundred more than I do.

How much would you pay for this set?

With packaging intact but not "mint"-y (i.e. - no torn corners, cracked cases, torn booklet pages, etc., but normal wear is ok), around $350.00. But they routinely go in excess of $500.00 (at least), and I have no interest at that price. Those are "collector's prices", and I'm not a collector. Just an obtainer. :alien:

It's not an urgent need by any means, and once I get it I'll be keeping it (seems like I'm a perpetual buyer, never a seller) just something I'd "like" to have for personal reasons. I dug that band a lot as a kid, then "grew out of it", and now don't mind going back for grins.

Edited by JSngry

Thanks for the response, I am moving in a month and may need some funds, and will PM you if I decide to sell. I am not ready to sell, but I may be as time goes by. The set is very well mastered (much like the Basie Roulette Studio). Best luck in your search. Every now and then, a set goes up on Amazon for a more reasonable price.

Thanks for the response, I am moving in a month and may need some funds, and will PM you if I decide to sell. I am not ready to sell, but I may be as time goes by. The set is very well mastered (much like the Basie Roulette Studio). Best luck in your search. Every now and then, a set goes up on Amazon for a more reasonable price.

And thanks for your response as well. Keep me in mind if the time comes, and either way, good luck on the moving!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I own all of the Mosaic Selects and none of them that I recall were marked promo. Some of my large boxed sets had promo hand written in them when I received them from Mosaic, but not always.

Hoppy T. Frog:

I have always found that talking directly to your credit card issuer gets results on substandard products. The only time I recall a problem on ebay was with a se3ller who sent a DVD boxed set of DVDrs that were obviously home made and tried to claim that they were legit. I made him refund me for the purchase price, shipping and return shipping to send them back. Try ebay and paypal resolutions first, but never use a bank account with pp, give yourself an extra layer of protection.

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2018 at 3:02 PM, Jim Duckworth said:

Hello,

I do have a Mosaic promo of sorts:  the excellent Jackie McLean box.   Where the set's individual number would have been hand printed, it instead says Jazziz indicating that it was part of some promotion run by the magazine of the same name.

That IS a great set.  If none of the music on Mosaic sets existed on other CD's, that would be my set of choice.

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Not a shred of evidence of the connection to Dolphy, that I can see.  (Or did I overlook something?)

This is uncanny. Years back at an LA gig, I was chatting with a guy who claimed to own the ex-Dolphy house and who mentioned finding a bass clarinet of his. Must be the same.