Borders Coupons

mgraham333

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy I'll say, and I didn't get either one of the above emailed to me so thank ya both very much. I'll use the 40% tomorrow, unless the "void if transferred" part causes the coupon police to lock me up. :ph34r:

Picked up a Talking Heads DualDisc (1st time trying a Dual and it appears to work fine), a PentaTone SACD and an overpriced-before-coupon Coltrane (Crescent - not many more left to get of his) digi-pack all for $9.99 each. Yes siree!

Now that I know my player likes DualDiscs okay I'll use the 40% tomorrow on another.

I used the $9.99 coupon today and bought 3 discs that are always priced in the $17-$19 range. I spent about $30 (before tax) and saved $23. Not bad at all.

I've never had a problem with the "void if transferred" issue- has anyone?

Be sure to notice on both coupons that you can get up to three discs with the discount! :)

BTW, having the dreaded Rewards card doesn't seem to have led to additional spam as far as I can tell- just a Borders ad from time to time that often has a usable coupon. But ejp626, I respect you for sticking to your principles!

Has anyone tried to use either of these coupons ($9.99 or 40% off) more than once? I'm not sure I will try, but I am tempted.

After saying I hardly go into Borders, I've now made three purchases. Tonight I used these two coupons to get 3 RVGs, Andrew Hill Dance with Death, Joe Zawinul Brown Street, and Manu Katche Neighbourhood. When I used the $9.99 discount, the worker swiped a different coupon that was 3 for $11.99: http://www.bordersmedia.com/coup/coupon_1199cd0924.htm

When I told him it was 3 for 9.99 each, he was a bit surprised but rang me up appropriately. I guess the emails to this area were the 11.99 version (this is the version I received via email). I then returned with the 40% coupon and pointed it out to him before he started ringing up my order. He was quite surprised, having not seen it before, and then complained that Borders was issuing these nice coupons when he was low on cash. [What kind of discount do Borders' workers get these days?]

Thanks for the new coupons. I used the 40% off one to pick up Charles Earland Black Talk RVG remaster for like $7. The $9.99 coupon would be great for expensive single-disc titles like Mofi Gold CD's, but I couldn't find any. I'll head back today for another round. These are great coupons.

I used my 40% coupon today to get some of the new RVGs, about 7 bucks a pop.

I stopped by after work to pick them up, and as usual (from my experience with pretty much every Borders I've been to across the country) the new releases weren't filed yet. I just go and find the new release cart and dig around until I find what I'm searching for- that takes a lot less time than trying to explain what you want to an employee ("Oh yes, we have Midnight Special in stock...." "Is it the new RVG reissue?" "Huh?")

Also, starting tomorrow they're offering the 25% educator discount. That goes on for a week or so.

Although I think I've done enough damage for awhile.......some very good deals this week. :)

Just used the 40% off coupon to get:

Miles Davis - Live at The 1963 Monterey Jazz Festival

Joe Henderson - Inner Urge RVG

Sonny Rollins - The Bridge (Bluebird remaster)

... and was in such a hurry to get back to work that I realized he only took 40% off one title, so I need to go back there again after I get off. :(

Edited by trane_fanatic

Just used the 40% off coupon to get: Miles Davis - Live at The 1963 Monterey Jazz Festival

... and was in such a hurry to get back to work that I realized he only took 40% off one title, so I need to go back there again after I get off. :(

Yes, I had to "supervise" the transaction with both coupons. Good luck!

EDIT: BTW, nice choices TF! If you haven't heard the Miles yet, let us know what you think. I've been listening to it repeatedly and I think it's outstanding!

Edited by Free For All

Just used the 40% off coupon to get:

Miles Davis - Live at The 1963 Monterey Jazz Festival

Yes, I had to "supervise" the transaction with both coupons. Good luck!

EDIT: BTW, nice choices TF! If you haven't heard the Miles yet, let us know what you think. I've been listening to it repeatedly and I think it's outstanding!

Yep, the Joe and Newk were things I never got around to adding to my collection and at 7 bucks a pop, couldn't pass up... got my credit back and also used the $9.99 coupon to get Ornette's "Sound Grammar" and the Sam Cooke "Portrait of a Legend" hybrid SACD. The Miles sounds great so far. Tony is smoking on this one.

Edited by trane_fanatic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice coupon. Too bad that my local Borders has so little worth buying.

Anyone interested in the On the Corner box that hasn't got it already might want to check their local Borders - mine just got 4 copies in last week. I used a 25% off coupon to pick one up last weekend - if I'd known they were going to have a 30% off one, I'd have waited. Depending on tax in your locale, you should be able to get it for less than CD Universe is charging with the 30% off coupon.