Borders Coupons

mgraham333

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any coupons lately? I'm starting to get an itchy trigger finger.

20% off through September 29.

Good on whatever two or three cd's you can find in their jazz section :ph34r:

It's weird — there've been a number of stories here about Borders shrinking their music section and having virtually little or no jazz, but the Borders here seems to be an anomaly. They have all the current RVGs, and the jazz section actually appears to have expanded some. I don't get it, but I'm not going to complain!

Any coupons lately? I'm starting to get an itchy trigger finger.

20% off through September 29.

Good on whatever two or three cd's you can find in their jazz section :ph34r:

It's weird — there've been a number of stories here about Borders shrinking their music section and having virtually little or no jazz, but the Borders here seems to be an anomaly. They have all the current RVGs, and the jazz section actually appears to have expanded some. I don't get it, but I'm not going to complain!

You're pretty lucky! The so-called more cultured-area Borders jazz section has shrunk by some 75%! They have a couple of the new Prestige RVG's but hardly any BN RVG's and hardly any other stock except for the more recent, popular 'hits.' in jazz, if you can call it that. Its really sad when Half Price Books has a way bigger and better jazz section than the normal retail stores!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it looks like this latest coupon is only good for in-store purchases. given their dismal jazz stock, i only use coupons that can be used on borders.com. :(

Not just jazz stock. At the downtown Border's in Portland, there's almost nothing left of any genre. It looks to me like they're getting out of the CD business entirely and that this sale is a way of moving their remaining stock out the door in a hurry. So be it. I did pick up the Weather Report CD/DVD combo called Forecast Tomorrow for under $30.00 with the coupon which seems like a pretty good deal. That will very likely be the last CD I ever buy from them.

Up over and out.

40% off ALL CDs (including multi-disc sets and box sets! Woo hoo!), good thru 11/11.

SWEET! Thanks for the heads up. One of the Borders in the area has a copy of the new Braxton in their bins. Will have to go tonight to see if its still there.

which Braxton, the moscow set on leo or the trio disc?

The trio disk, but I called them tonight and apparently someone beat me to it <_<

Managed to find some things: ECMs (Lloyd, Rabo de Nube; Wasilewski, January; Winstone, Somewhere Called Home), and some other titles I did not expect to see at Borders: Gress, The Irrational Numbers; Solal, Longitude; Tolliver, Impact.

I was totally unaware of the enja 24bit master editions...so it's been a few years. Any others especially worth picking up?

Not just jazz stock. At the downtown Border's in Portland, there's almost nothing left of any genre. It looks to me like they're getting out of the CD business entirely and that this sale is a way of moving their remaining stock out the door in a hurry. So be it. I did pick up the Weather Report CD/DVD combo called Forecast Tomorrow for under $30.00 with the coupon which seems like a pretty good deal. That will very likely be the last CD I ever buy from them.

Up over and out.

Yeah, same thing at the Arlington store. I wonder if I can get over to the Ft. Worth store tomorrow? Their selection was halfway decent last time I was there.

it looks like this latest coupon is only good for in-store purchases. given their dismal jazz stock, i only use coupons that can be used on borders.com. :(

Up over and out.

The Weather Report CD/DVD box set is available thru Amazon for about $30

Amazon - weather report box set

I'm glad I checked the date of the coupon. I happened to be driving by a store, stopped in and found a CD I was interested in but didn't have the coupon with me. I figured I'd stop in tomorrow while running errands. When I saw the coupon expired today I had to make a special trip. My buy with the 40% off coupon:

31gpCRm+pBL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Eric Alexander - Prime Time: In Concert (1 CD / 1 DVD)

Eric Alexander - tenor sax

David Hazeltine - piano

John Webber - bass

Joe Farnsworth - drums

• 1 month later...