Borders Coupons

mgraham333

I used the 30% coupon combined with my 'personal shopping day' tonight to get the following for $13.31 each, tax included:

Mingus At UCLA

Art Blakey Jazz Icons DVD

Thelonious Monk Jazz Icons DVD

I've been abusing the Borders' system for years. I already have like $15 in free points on my rewards card.

Still nothing matches those 50% off one CD coupons from a few years back. Remember when Hardbop bought about 100 during that sale :lol:

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stay away this week-end!

As I posted above, the discount gets really good if you combine it with your personal shopping day. Since they don't seem to mind using several coupons at a time (you have to do separate transactions, but who cares), you can really bring the price down quite a bit.

Now if it could only be combined with a donation to organissimo...

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

30% off (through 10/18)

They keep putting these up, so I'll keep posting 'em here. :)

Also, I believe they're having a 25% educator discount (I think it's only 10% for DVDs, though <_< )starting today (for a week or so). If you teach at all and have an ID or pay stub you can get the discount. Now whether this can be used in conjunction w/any of the above coupons, I don't know.

30% off (through 10/18)

They keep putting these up, so I'll keep posting 'em here. :)

Also, I believe they're having a 25% educator discount (I think it's only 10% for DVDs, though <_< )starting today (for a week or so). If you teach at all and have an ID or pay stub you can get the discount. Now whether this can be used in conjunction w/any of the above coupons, I don't know.

:tup Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of those card thingamabobs, and have never been told what the discount is. I have no personal experience suggesting that there is an automatic discount, because I've always also had a printed coupon in hand (frequently sourced from this thread). It looks like you get points or dollar credits that accumulate and can be cashed out during the holiday season. There is also some personal shopping day thing as well.

Related question: Using the card, has anyone ever been deterred at checkout from using the same coupon multiple times? It would seem natural that they could track coupon use if every time you used a coupon you also had to show your card (which recently I have had to do). I haven't been deterred but I also haven't tried to use a coupon more than twice.

I'm a relatively infrequent Borders shopper, because as others have said, they're nothing to write home about unless the discount is at least 30%. Perhaps others, like Bertrand [?], can offer greater detail.

The Borders Rewards card is a no-brainer. I am not sure about all of the ways in which you benefit, but I know if you spend $50 in a given month, then the next month you'll be entitled to a personal shopping day where you get an additional 10% off everything on that day, on top of other coupons and discounts.

So personally, with the perpetual 30% off coupon available from visitborders.com, I have been buying a decent amount of stuff at Borders lately, mostly Fantasy SACD's and RVG's not available at yourmusic. Prices with the 30% off coupon are competitive. And I have used different copies of the same 30% off coupon consecutive times on the same day or on back-to-back days, and I don't think they track coupon usage, or if they do, they don't care.

And when I used a personal shopping day a week or so ago, I got some nice deals with the extra 10% off on top of the other coupons. So I think you'd be silly to not sign up for the rewards. It takes like 20 seconds to do it at the register. And I imagine around holiday time there are some other perks.

• 2 weeks later...