Jackie McLean radio tributes?

Mike-- approx 5:30 NYC time today (SUNDAY) 'til Tuesday at 3. Unfortunately, they HAVE to do Columbia Lions baseball-- noone likes it but there were changes 5-6 years ago that radically upped the # of sports evens they do. Waste of time for ephemeral bullshit noone cares about, even if it's "fun" for the kids who play/broadcast...

Derek got at least month, maybe five weeks of Monday Afternoon New Music shows.

xxc

Mike?

I missed the Derek.

If it's Phil Schaap, he does talk a lot. Wealth of info, though.

Gotta disagree with you there; his incessant and self-congratulatory rambling has made listening to this broadcast a freakin' chore! Schapp's voice is the sound of a man who thinks he knows everything there is to know about jazz, and he'll be the first one to tell you.

Hell, I got so frustrated today I fired off an e-mail to WKCR to ask them to PLEASE make Schapp shut up and play some music! It's like we get a half-hour of music, and then a half-hour of talkin' a lot and sayin' nothing (as JB once said).

I tuned in, but (risking to get a verbal slamming here), how long is this guy going to keep on talking? I love Jackie McLeans music, though. :)

Man, I love Phil Schapp's commentary....very knowledgeable and I've learned a lot listening to him. Schapp really caught my ear first on his Higgens' death memorial.

Also, thank god for WKCR. In an era where my local public radio station is sucking the big corporate playlist dong, I can't believe these guys still are able to do radio in this manner.

3 days of McLean? You ain't hearing that anywhere else. I love this station. I've heard much McLean that was new to me in the last 24 hours.

Some great stuff this morning. Having to go to work now in the middle of this one is a real pain ( :rmad: ) but I'll be tuning in tonight, by which time they should have got to 'Its Time !!!'

I thought I heard them say the memorial broadcast would be over today by noon or 3 p.m.

GREAT show.

Some great stuff this morning. Having to go to work now in the middle of this one is a real pain ( :rmad: ) but I'll be tuning in tonight, by which time they should have got to 'Its Time !!!'

I thought I heard them say the memorial broadcast would be over today by noon or 3 p.m.

GREAT show.

I listened a bit yesterday before Phil got on air and I've been catching the final hours of the show this morning.

They should do more birthday broadcasts so we don't have to wait for someone to die to get some education.