Alarm Clock Music

BeBop

Friend of mine got me an alarm clock with a CD player. Given my love for music that can't be found on the radio, a very considerate gift. Yet, several months later, I'm still waking up to the news. Seems that I find myself unable to select a CD and remain comfortable that my selection will suit my mood when I wake up (2:45AM). I tried a couple of times, but - I hate to admit it - may have lost sleep or suffered impaired sleep second guessing my selection.

And you...?

I'm tempted to say that the only music that might really wake me up in the morning is something like this. :g:g:g

c49847gi290.jpg <--- or ---> f75973btfcr.jpg

I'm a bear to get up in the morning. When my wife's not around, I usually set two different travel alarm clocks, and a third electric clock/radio, the alarm of which is loud enough to wake the dead.

Usually we set a radio to NPR and wake up to their news and information, but I can easily drift off even with the news on.

Sometimes I've had some amazingly bizarre dreams that were half mixtures of multiple news stories, and the dreams that were going on already, when the radio came on with the news. :wacko::alien::ph34r::unsure::rlol:bwallace::eye::party::tup:tdown:w:wub::lol::o<_< B)

Edited by Rooster_Ties

If I had to wake up to music, I'd want to wake up to something really lousy. I'm not a morning person at all. I'm typically severely grouchy for the first hour that I'm awake, and the process of waking is usually pretty traumatic for me. I wouldn't want those feelings associated with anything I like. But that's just me.

We use ours with the sleep function when we go to bed rather than to wake up. Waking up, I use the alarm. I used to wake up to the Rush Limbaugh show, which was an effective but painful way to get myself out of bed fast. (The trick is to put the clock radio far enough away from the bed that you have to actually get up, and hopefully wake up, before reaching the clock...)

Usually we set a radio to NPR and wake up to their news and information, but I can easily drift off even with the news on.

You fall asleep to NPR? Strange!!!!!

B)

For me, I like to rotate cd's every few weeks. My girlfriend LOVES Rubber Soul so we played that for a while...but I am partial to Abbey Road and Revolver so we switch off from time to time. Lately I have been listening to the new Steely Dan cd...come to think of it I dont think I've eally listened to that while fully awake. But I digress.

Lately I have been listening to the new Steely Dan cd...come to think of it I dont think I've eally listened to that while fully awake. But I digress.

I can relate to that. When my wife heard the new Pat Metheny disc, she comandeered it for clock radio duty. I'm very familiar with the first half of the CD... :lol:

I usually wake up in a foul mood----not a morning person. If we had a CD-playing alarm clock, it would probably get smashed within a day or two. However, when we had a friend staying over a couple of years ago, he told me he was kind of surprised how every morning I would shuffle into the living room and put on a CD or tape. I honestly didn't realize that I did that. So I guess I listen to whatever was on the stereo the night before, not that I really notice it.

mgraham: I do the same thing. I usually wake up before the alarm and just click the alarm off so it won't wake my wife. But if it does go off, it's a really obnoxious dj'd commercial country station and I fly out of bed to turn it off!

I've become a morning person since I rarely ever stay up late and rarely ever indulge in things that would give me a headache/hangover the next day. So I really don't need an alarm clock. Once or twice a year I get my exercise doing the one second dash to turn off the country!

Best choice I know -- and I heard of a guy who actually used it -- is Sonny Rollins' "There's No Business Like Show Business" from "Worktime."

I prefer to wake up gently to the glorious sound of Ethel Merman's Version of "There's No Business Like Show Business" ;)

When I used a CD player as an alarm clock, I always put in CD's that were really loud/obnoxious, because I knew I'd have to get up to turn them off. I had a cafeteria job my sophomore year in college, that required that I get up at 4am. I usually put on some death metal to wake me up (this did not improve my relationship with my roommates :g ), and wake me up it did. I found that Malevolent Creation's "Stillborn" worked quite well for me.

c7895097yv2.jpg

These days, I just use the alarm on my cell phone. It's loud and irritating, and it definitely wakes me up.