Sports: 2006 NBA Play-Off Pool

I kept waiting for Clarence Clemons to take that sax into a higher register and he never did. WTF was up with that bland rendition???? He put nothing into it. Was that piano accompanyment canned or live?? The piano should have been following him to enhance the nuances he was "trying" to put in, not leading him.

PU

:huh:

Edited by BruceW

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't really have a hearty rooting interest with either team, but I think Dallas will win it. To take Miami into OT in Miami without Stackhouse showed they weren't moping. To win 2 in a row at home is no big deal for them (as they've shown in games 1 & 2.) If they get some of the hometown calls in their favor then it will be all the easier for 'em.

Even in the unlikely event that the MAvs come home and win two, this team has a lot of soul-searching to do. Thgey were up by 9 in the 2nd, and could've easily opened it up by the half. Miami was cold and a little disoriented. So waht do the Mavs do? Fritter it away with stupid shit like lane violations, moving screens, blown shots, all the things that say "hey, we don't need to work to win this game". Dirk's reverted to Mister Meek & Mild when he needs to be going Gonzo on everybody's ass. The missed free throws towards the end are the work of chokers, simple as that. Devin Harris suddenly (and repeatedly) forgets how to take a charge. Piss poor guts on this team. They still don't understand what it takes to make that final step.

And hey - even Avery choked. The signal to Howard for the timeout could've/should've been handled verbally, not visually. and even more to the point - eight seconds left in regulation and you're up by two. Miami's ball and Shaq's on the floor. Why the hell do you not foul him and send him to the line rather than let the clock run down while they get it to Wade, who does understand what has to be done to take that final step. Worst that happens is that Shaq makes both FTs with the clock stopped, and you get the ball back w/almost 8 seconds, not 2.8. (check that - worst that happens is that Shaq makes the first, misses the second, Miami gets the reboud and puts it in for the win at the buzzer. But geez, better that than exposing your team's gutlessness in the agony of overtime...) Best that happens is that Shaq tanks one or both. But no - you dare the man who's been kicking your ass all night to kick it one more time, when it really counts. And of course, he does.

This is a great team that has come a helluva long way under a great coach, but sorry - they ain't there yet. Even if they miraculously win the last two, they ain't there yet. "Great" is not automatically synonymous with "champion". Champions don't forget, and this team has forgotten damn near everything that got them here. A trophy don't mean shit if you don't get it the right way, and the fact that this series is going to have to go 7 for the Mavs to even have a shot to win tells me that they ain't doing it the right way. Totally unnecessary.

Can't say that I've ever felt that a championship by "my team" has ever felt wrong, ever, but this one would. Not that I'm worried about that coming to pass...

Miami's ball and Shaq's on the floor. Why the hell do you not foul him and send him to the line rather than let the clock run down while they get it to Wade, who does understand what has to be done to take that final step. Worst that happens is that Shaq makes both FTs with the clock stopped, and you get the ball back w/almost 8 seconds, not 2.8. (check that - worst that happens is that Shaq makes the first, misses the second, Miami gets the reboud and puts it in for the win at the buzzer. But geez, better that than exposing your team's gutlessness in the agony of overtime...) Best that happens is that Shaq tanks one or both. But no - you dare the man who's been kicking your ass all night to kick it one more time, when it really counts. And of course, he does.

With less than 2 minutes left, fouling Shaq when he doesn't have the ball results in 1 free throw plus the fouled team getting the ball back.

Guy

I say if the Mavs lose it, I change Big Al's name to "Big Aldo Nova" for a week, just to make him pay for that damn picture in his avatar.

My avatar or my signature? I like my open arms (hush Skid, I know what you're thinking, so just stop right there!) in my avatar. Or were you referring to my picture of Choke No-gutz-ki?

Heaven knows I couldn't care less about basketball, and even living in south Florida doesn't make me care if the Heat win, but that Mavs owner is such an annoying a-hole that its easy to root against them.

But the Heat better find a way to win game 6, because if the Mavs put it together and get a win, all these problems will be forgotten and they'll be unbeatable at home for Game 7.

Cheapest foul to end an OT Finals game that I can remember. Wade was clearly out of control and didn't deserve a whistle on that play. :tdown

The entire Mavericks team went to the line 25 times in that game. Wade went to the line 25 times just by himself. What else can you say?

Mr. Sterns says, gallery.mr.burns.jpg"EXCELLENT!"

Bruce, come join us in the live chat man, all sorts of BS and rants flying around! :)

Hey Big Al, when I did see your post it was the next morning, and I was surprised there was live chat connected with this bulletin. I figured out how to use it but nobody was there. cu next time. :(

Cheapest foul to end an OT Finals game that I can remember. Wade was clearly out of control and didn't deserve a whistle on that play. :tdown

Wait a minute, wasn't it you that said with three refs on the floor, they SURELY know what they are doing... :lol:

big al said it last night

cuban needs to .....

1 buy the NBA

2 fire stern

3 trade van horn for shaq

:D

Of course, needs to...... SHUT THE FUCK UP... :g

truly he does more damage than good for the team image and concepts. His players may love him but NOBODY ELSE does including Stern, Jackson and all fans outside of Dallas.