Art Ensemble set going away

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'bout a dozen left. I am waiting on the morning mail for some orders too.

Thanks to those ordering.

All proceeds go towards a couple of reissues from my catalog. First on the list is Roscoe's "Nonaah" (pronounced no-nay-ah). This 2 lp set won the "album of the year" award in the DB critic's poll in 1978. It tied with Dexter's "Homecoming". I am "sponsoring" the rebuilding of a 1" 8 track machine to remix the original session masters.

What are the other reissues, other than "Nonaah?" And is there an estimated time of arrival for "Nonaah?"

I'm really looking forward to that, it's the lode stone in my Roscoe collection that has eluded me.

What are the other reissues, other than "Nonaah?" And is there an estimated time of arrival for "Nonaah?"

I'm really looking forward to that, it's the lode stone in my Roscoe collection that has eluded me.

Not sure of release date for Nonaah - depends on cash flow. Next in line is Charles Tyler's Saga of the Outlaws and maybe Wadada's Spirit Catcher.

Not sure of release date for Nonaah - depends on cash flow. Next in line is Charles Tyler's Saga of the Outlaws and maybe Wadada's Spirit Catcher.

Fantastic, on all three scores. Was in London earlier, but before my gig (and so had NO money on me whatesoever). Saw a really nice 2nd hand copy of Nonaah, which given the bread, I'd have snapped up in a second!

Chuck: Any idea approximately how many unsold sets are with retailers?

Can't be too many. They buy them in 2s and 3s.

What I really need is a MacArthur grant. I certainly don't expect a genius award - maybe a "usually alert" award of $20,000 or so. :lol:

Edited by Chuck Nessa

I'm probably jumping the gun since you haven't done them yet, but do you think that there will there be any unreleased material on these reissues?

Nonaah might have some extra solo material depending on a couple of factors. Saga will have none and Spirit Catcher will probably have an alternate take of Burning of Stones.

There's been one at the Seattle Tower (the Space Needle one) for about a year now. Think it's $98.00 too. :o

I had been wondering what price most retailers were selling this set at. Is $98 fairly average?

Most retailers with the set seem to sell in the $75-80 range. Tower currently lists it online for $77.99 ($4 off list!). Some unfortunate soul paid $239 on ebay a couple years ago.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

There's been one at the Seattle Tower (the Space Needle one) for about a year now. Think it's $98.00 too. :o

I had been wondering what price most retailers were selling this set at. Is $98 fairly average?

Most retailers with the set seem to sell in the $75-80 range. Tower currently lists it online for $77.99 ($4 off list!). Some unfortunate soul paid $239 on ebay a couple years ago.

To make the price official: I was at Tower tonight and the price is $81.99.