are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

Looks like one or two of the Coltrane titles keep disappearing and reappearing. I don't remember seeing Soultrane when I ordered last night.

A couple of mine still had the metallic anti-theft device on them suggesting that they had once been in a retail shop. Maybe some of these are the returns they receive from their retail suppliers. They could be sucking these up from their distribution chain. I think that retailers have the right to send a portion of the unsold merchandise back.

Maybe one of the guys in the music biz can explain the process better but that could explain why certain cds go off the list and then come back on at a later date?/?

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question?

My credit card has not be charged, but I've received the Fed Ex tracking number & email. Estimated arrival date is Monday 8/7.

Did your orders get charged on credit card after receipt of your package?

CDs received. Credit card not charged yet. :rolleyes:

Looks like one or two of the Coltrane titles keep disappearing and reappearing. I don't remember seeing Soultrane when I ordered last night.

At this point, they are probably finding them behind racks, filing cabinets, curtains and the sofa.....one day they are gone, they next they are back! :blink:

Has anyone who ordered in or around July 19th received a shipping notice already? :unsure:

You should be getting one very soon.

My massive first order of $450 placed July 15 arrived on Monday at my workplace. The box is so huge it's still sitting in my cubicle at work and I have to find a way to get it home. The packaging is exceptional though (got the Trane and Evans boxes, plus pretty much every K2, OJC, OBC and Stax release I don't have yet divided up in neat little boxes.)

Edited by trane_fanatic

I received confirmation this morning that my second order, no. 6057, which I placed on 7/22, has been shipped (42 cds). However, there's no word on my first order The Complete Coltrane, placed on 7/21 :crazy: .

Edit: To make sense out of what I wrote.

Edited by Matthew

I received confirmation this morning that my second order, no. 6057, which I placed on 7/22, has been shipped (42 cds). However, there's no word on my first order The Complete Coltrane, placed on 7/21 :crazy: .

Interesting...my order number is 5900 something and I ordered 3 days before you and nothing yet.

Still havent opened all my CD's from the first shipment though :crazy:

My massive first order of $450...

Wow, 150 cds! Or at least 100+ with a few box sets. :excited:

Yea, I think I'm gonna take this stuff home in sections over many days. I'll be broke for a while with this self-inflicted damage on my credit card. The life of a hopeless music addict...*sigh*.

Edited by trane_fanatic

Yea, I think I'm gonna take this stuff home in sections over many days. I'll be broke for a while with this self-inflicted damage on my credit card. The life of a hopeless music addict...*sigh*.

That doesn't seem particularly excessive to me. 100 CDs here, 100 CDs there, who's counting?

That doesn't seem particularly excessive to me. 100 CDs here, 100 CDs there, who's counting?

Excessive? Hell no! Admirable. :tup:D

First order (No. 6100) placed on July 24, no word yet either. :angry:

Don't hold your breath, Ron. I've received no word on my order of the 18th yet. It was the Trane box set, so maybe those go slower or something. I'll let you know when I get mine.

Don't forget: some of the CDs in my first order are yours. :rolleyes:

First order (No. 6100) placed on July 24, no word yet either. :angry:

Don't hold your breath, Ron. I've received no word on my order of the 18th yet. It was the Trane box set, so maybe those go slower or something. I'll let you know when I get mine.

Don't forget: some of the CDs in my first order are yours. :rolleyes:

You mean I am currently listening to Paul's CD's too??? :cool:

Interesting...my order number is 5900 something and I ordered 3 days before you and nothing yet.

Still havent opened all my CD's from the first shipment though :crazy:

Yeah, that is strange. My third order was around order #6000 from 7/21, and I have received no shipping notice yet. Granted, even though there are some good titles in this order, as my third order, it is not my cream of the crop so I can wait a bit. But what the heck are they doing over there? Fantastic sale, but this order processing by Concord is just horrendous.

On a more positive note, I am loving many of my new haul. Hawes, Baker, Dolphy, Curson, Garland, Guaraldi, etc. etc. Lots of great music I am hearing for the first time and it's a treat.

Edited by jeffrey r

I guess I have another week at least for confirmation of a 63xx order placed August 1. Patience. I'm little concerned that today's random listing of what's included in the sale excludes Ugetsu, Lush Life, Traneing In, Dolphy @ the Five Spot, Explorations, Misterioso, Plays Duke Ellington. Hopefully the copies of these titles in my unconfirmed order will arrive by mid-September. ...Patience. Anyone else think that "Your order is at the warehouse [...and therefore we in customer service don't know anything about it]" is equivalent to "the check is in the mail" or perhaps just "buh-bye now"?

Returning to the original thread topic, which got 5 replies prior to Concord's Summer Blow-Out (which should've been a separate topic thread) -- here's two titles I got last summer which don't appear anywhere now:

Lyle 'Spud' Murphy - 'Gone With the Woodwinds' (OJCCD-1905-2)

The Trio - s/t, with Walter Norris, Hal Gaylor, and Billy Bean (OJCCD-1923-2)

RE the above item, if you enter 'Hal Gaylor' on Amazon, it turns up 3 new copies for $14.99 ea.