are some OJC limited editions going oop?

Pete B

"Action" Jackson called this evening to say that I'll be getting a shippng confirmation shortly. He cannot yet vouch as to what was being sent, but looks like most of it.

I told Jackson to check out some of the jazz fora such as ours; gave him the web address; and mentioned that he has attained something near cult status on this board. :g

B00005O54I.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flora means flower or vegetation, right? Shouldn't it be fora, the plural of forum?

Flora is what you get when you combine Flurin with fora. :rolleyes:

Now you're going ad hominem and I only wanted a pretense to show you a pic of my dear friend Flora... :w

No pretense needed for that! :excited:

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

I want to make an order today. I made a list Monday. When I looked at the site last night (I wasn't able to order because the power went out), two titles were no longer on the sale list. But they are there if you look under 'artists' at the $7.98 sale price!

Can I order it through there, and it will still be counted as one of the $2.98 titles once I get to checkout? If so, how do I know there are not other titles I might want that are part of the discount but do not show up on the sale page?

Bertrand.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

I want to make an order today. I made a list Monday. When I looked at the site last night (I wasn't able to order because the power went out), two titles were no longer on the sale list. But they are there if you look under 'artists' at the $7.98 sale price!

Can I order it through there, and it will still be counted as one of the $2.98 titles once I get to checkout? If so, how do I know there are not other titles I might want that are part of the discount but do not show up on the sale page?

Bertrand.

What price do they show up as in your basket? IIRC, the price of the discs automatically changed when you had enough discs to change pricing tiers.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Bertrand.

What price do they show up as in your basket? IIRC, the price of the discs automatically changed when you had enough discs to change pricing tiers.

I think that's right. And besides, if those two don't go down to $2.98 once you have 30 or more in your basket, you can always remove them from your basket. But chances are that if they no longer appear on the sale pages, they're out of stock. But then again, some titles have disappeared and reappeared several times during the sale, so you never know. If you only have 30 CDs in your basket including these two, don't worry about the effect of their possibly being out-of-stock on the other CD prices--you'll still get the rest for $2.98 each. Pretty complicated, isn't it? :wacko:

All four of my orders have FINALLY shippped...

Now Out of stock titles include:

Coltrane Lush Life

Coltrane Traneing In

Eric Dolphy Outward Bound

Sonny Rollins Worktime

Art Blakey & JM Ugetsu

Miles Davis Collectors Items

Eric Dolphy At Five Spot

Bill Evans Explorations

Shelly Mann My Fair Lady

Red Garland Garland's Piano

Thelonious Monk Misterioso

Thelonious Monk Himself

Thelonious Monk Plays Duke Ellington

Sonny Rollins Sound of Sonny

Ted Curson Plays Fire Down Below

Dave Brubeck Jazz @ Oberlin

Al Cohn Broadway

John Coltrane Lush Life

Miles Davis Bag's Groove

Jon Eardley From Hollywood to NY

Bill Evans Everyone Digs

Honi Gordon Sings

Coltrane boxed set

Add more to this list as you see no-fills...

Finally got a shipping confirmation for my Aug 1 order (#6318). 19 K2 titles shipped. 8 K2's did not. All my non-K2's shipped.

My non-shipped titles all appear on kwadguy's list except for Everybody Likes Hampton Hawes/The Trio: Vol. 3

From kwadguy's list, my shipped titles include Everyone Digs Bill Evans and The Sound of Sonny.

I was not able to order two titles which were not on the blowout page but were listed under 'artists' with the $7.98 price (the price before the multi-CD order price kicks in). When I clicked on 'add to cart' or 'buy now', a fatal error was returned. I tested it on other titles not part of the blowout sale, and I could (temporarily) add them to my cart. So it's not a software error, it's specific to titles that are no longer available.

I was able to order a bunch of K2s, only one of which is on the list above. Let's see what I wind up getting.

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

I had placed another order at the end of July but knew how swamped they were from reading here so I waited. But as it had been a month and a few days last Friday I called Concord. Got an answering machine and left a message with my phone number. Today I got a call from Jackson. :D

I knew as soon as I heard his name everything would be taken care of. I told him how I had heard about him (I think he's still amused at his fame) and thanked him for taking care of matters. He's a pro!

Edited by Quincy

2 cancelled items were going to be K2 upgrades for me in Brubeck Jazz at Oberlin and Bill Evans Explorations. I think I'll manage without them. More importantly they did have more of the Living Legends, the Ellington K2, and other "new to me" things like the Jazz in Hollywood discs, Lem Winchester, "Jazz For The Carriage Trade," and the Chet Baker K2s to name a few of the other 33 that did go through. Christmas is coming again! (Heck, this is better.)

I think I'm going to send a postcard to Concord complimenting them on that fine fellow they have in customer service named Jackson.

The banner of the Concord sale indicates that the items in the sale are being discontinued. That's why I say it!

oh shit!

I didn't watch that site closely as it was rather frustrating (but good, since i spent so much on the zweitausendeis sale) that they would only do it for US customers.

Is there a listing of these sale items available anywhere? I guess they took down the gone ones by now?