Alone in my lobbying for a Michel Petrucciani set???

I just watched another documentary of him and once again wondered at his majesty. I greatly miss him. He was an inspiration in that he played and saw so much beauty in spite of/because of his handicap and disease. I just love the guy.

I know Blue Note put out a 7 cd box a long time ago on his Blue note recordings... (which IMHO are not his best recordings...) So I called Mosaic and asked them (AGAIN) if they had any plans to release either the 7CD set again or ANYTHING that's not in print... They said "there's no interest." :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

It appears that Dreyfus may have rights on his stuff since they routiney come out with a Michel release every year/18 months ago...

I'm just looking for some love/help lobbying to get Cuscuna to find some unreleased live stuff and/or work out a deal with Dreyfus....!!! Can I a get some help????

:):)

And what's your favorite Michel record??? I have to say the 2CD Au Theatre Des Champs Elysees is my fave... Followed very closely by the 3CD Concerts Inedits set... (Thank you to Dreyfus for putting this stuff out!!!)

I like Petrucciani alright, but as has been said, the 7CD set is far from his best (and I don't even know those albums that many might consider the best). I enjoy his Owl trio album quite a bit (probably/hopefully on Sunnyside CD in the USA?), and his Owl duo album with Lee Konitz is good as well. And both of the Elektra albums (also reissued by Blue Note) are as good as the few best one from the 7CD box (essentially, in my opinion, the acoustic ones... mainly the one with Lovano & Scofield and "Promenade with Duke").

Where should I continue?

And about Mosaic doing a Petrucciani box: I assume the 7CD box has been a bad seller, it's around cheap here and there and never was rare, I think. Plus, it's a rag-bag, with a couple of rather bland electric albums in there that I could live wihtout perfectly well.

So yes, it's more a question of Dreyfus releasing more, I assume... and their 3CD box is a box, isn't it?

Maybe they'll do another one? I think Richard Galliano or someone has got two out, no?

Oh, the only Dreyfus album I have the so-so meeting with Steve Grossman, btw. Where to go from there, which ones are the best?

How many Mosaic sets with non-US musicians have there been so far? Petrucciani is a top seller in Europe, but probably not in the US.

Mosaic could do a Select with 3 of the best and OOP albums. Like they did with Don Pullen or the upcoming Tony Williams set.

I had the seven cd (European Blue Note) box set when it came out. . .and sold it, here on this board if I remember correctly. Just didn't seem I needed to have any of those sessions.

I've since heard a few sidemen and one leader cds that I liked better. . .. But I'll not be clamoring for a Mosaic set.

Somehow I would think that Michel Petrucciani would make a difficult boxed set for Mosaic, as the fusion stuff with Adam Holzman doesn't fit in with the remaining sessions he did for Blue Note. That said, I own most of his Blue Note and Owl CDs, along with all of the Dreyfus Jazz titles.

He was a fun interview subject as well.

look... I know that Andrew Hill was a BN artist for a long time... and they keep finding unreleased stuff (like this upcoming Select...)

Although Michel was including the synthesizer thing during his BN period.. I'm crossing my fingers that someone at BN was taping him solo or trio like at the Vanguard or something... It's not out of the realm of possibility...

AND... I think if Mosaic came out with a Select of unreleased live trio recordings... I am confident that it would do well... :beee::beee::beee: