CD Shelf Dealers

Rob C

I've been looking around for some new CD storage shelves, and I think I've settled on the Wood Technology MMC-600 unit.

http://www.standsandmounts.com/index.asp?P...ROD&ProdID=1605

Now my question is, where do I buy it from? I see a lot of on-line dealers, all with similar prices, but before paying $300 it'd be nice to know if the company is reputable. I'm leaning toward Stands and Mounts.com, as you can see from the link--anyone bought from them? Or have any good recommendations?

Thanks!

I've ordered a 1040 spinner from thejungles.com and everything arrived ship shape. I was even able to successfully put it together. :P They have the same Wood Technology shelving you're after for $289 (before shipping.) They're based in Walnut California.

They have good service too, as a friend of mine received a top to a spinner which did not have the drill holes. They sent him a proper one very quickly.

$289 to hold 600 CDs is adding half a dollar to the price of each CD.

Get yourself some wood, some good fixings, and some screw dowells and nuts from the DIY.

(They're not bowing upwards - it's something technical to do with the focus and lens.)

I have room for aditional shelves above those that are there (though I'm not sure I could reach them - I'm not as tall as NOJ).

MG

PS The farting Margaret Thatcher has been banished now - I needed the space :)

Edited by The Magnificent Goldberg

$289 to hold 600 CDs is adding half a dollar to the price of each CD.

Get yourself some wood, some good fixings, and some screw dowells and nuts from the DIY.

(They're not bowing upwards - it's something technical to do with the focus and lens.)

I have room for aditional shelves above those that are there (though I'm not sure I could reach them - I'm not as tall as NOJ).

MG

PS The farting Margaret Thatcher has been banished now - I needed the space :)

Gotta agree; however I found a $20 cd storage unit on ebay that while not fancy at all, does the trick. It's unfinished so you can stain it. Storage just ain't worth big bucks since one day sooner than you might think, you'll have everything on a drive anyway.

I highly recommend Wood Technology. I have their CMV-44 TV stand and FGH-21 speaker stands and they're rock solid. Great quality at pretty low prices. For solid wood furniture, they beat any of the stores in my area. Price a Salamander TV stand!

I'd recommend buying it direct from them. http://www.wood-tech.com

They list it at $319 and I think shipping is free. They offer "Hot Specials" on other furniture but not the MM-600. Give them a call and see if you can get a "Hot Special" MM-600. :)

BTW, they say these hot specials may have blemishes. My TV stand had no such blemish.

Kevin

Well, I did end up ordering the Wood Technology unit, from Stands and Mounts, as I originally stated in my first post. I've been sitting around home today waiting patiently for Fed Ex to show up with it. I'd hoped to get it in the morning, so I could do some other stuff today, but nope. Still waiting...!

Well, I did end up ordering the Wood Technology unit, from Stands and Mounts, as I originally stated in my first post. I've been sitting around home today waiting patiently for Fed Ex to show up with it. I'd hoped to get it in the morning, so I could do some other stuff today, but nope. Still waiting...!

Damn! Four hours after I posted the above, Fed Ex arrived. I hadn't even SHOWERED all day because I was afraid of missing them.

But the shelving is now built, stocked and beautiful. I think I have room for about 30 more discs, too. :)

The title of this thread makes me wonder; is there really such a problem with unscrupulous CD shelf dealers?

Little known fact - along with the Nigerian email scammers, the unscrupulous CD shelf dealers are the worst, most cunning criminals out there. I pity the fools who suffer from their clever and oft times violent scams!

The title of this thread makes me wonder; is there really such a problem with unscrupulous CD shelf dealers?

Little known fact - along with the Nigerian email scammers, the unscrupulous CD shelf dealers are the worst, most cunning criminals out there. I pity the fools who suffer from their clever and oft times violent scams!

mutley.gif

• 1 year later...

June 13, 2004, 04:00 AM: loud noise.

:rolleyes:

I never trusted this type of construction ....

Luckily, It never happened to me with CD shelves, but once when I used to live in a basement appartement, a large shelf in the kitchen part came down like this - a smelly mess of spices, oil, soy sauce, and vinegar on the floor, mixed with lots of broken glass!