chewy-chew-chews lp Purchaces/Near-Purchases

STAN T: "NEW TIME SHUFFLE"- Blue Note $.99 (more stuff one of the sessons fromthe Stan Blue Note 2-fer-- arr. by duke p. says julian presister on trombone on one sesh, and GUITAR on the other?!??)

Lennie Neahaus on Mercury- w/ Bill Perkins on sax, really bad cover w/ big ugly pic of lennie and a really really ugly chick- .99--u know how i dont like west coast jazz that sells out and goes all corporate on eastern labels but it looked good for .99

Gerald Wilson Orch- EVERYWHERE- mono aud. copy, $3 (my 1st gerald wilson orch lp!-- do u like this one?) whats his best?

Rough Trade- Avoid Freud 4.99 + 20 perc. off

----------------

Almost got:

Lester young- PREZ (Charlie Parker Records)- a live date-- lp had no info....do u have info?

That Wilson's got Caliman, Hutcherson and Pass doesn't it?

If it's what I'm thinking, then it's not great, but certainly above average.

Also: kinda partial to the Discovery and Trend titles myself.

Edited by rostasi

Aric's been around long enough to know that there's already a thread for posting about the music that he just purchased, right?

but he bought three LPs and ALMOST bought another one. There is no thread for music you almost bought.

There should be such a thread. I almost bought the new Winard Harper CD from the bandstand at his concert Saturday night, but then I didn't. It cost $20 and I had a momentary surge of fiscal responsibility.

Aric's been around long enough to know that there's already a thread for posting about the music that he just purchased, right?

but he bought three LPs and ALMOST bought another one. There is no thread for music you almost bought.

There should be such a thread. I almost bought the new Winard Harper CD from the bandstand at his concert Saturday night, but then I didn't. It cost $20 and I had a momentary surge of fiscal responsibility.

I almost bought a Muse LP with Richard Davis and Chit Corea but then listened to it in the shoppe and decided to restrict myself to the Waldron/Schoof/Lacy LP on Amiga (licenced from enja).

I almost bought a Muse LP with Richard Davis and Chit Corea but then listened to it in the shoppe and decided to restrict myself to the Waldron/Schoof/Lacy LP on Amiga (licenced from enja).

No Chit? :P

I almost bought a dvd yesterday, then I thought better of it.

Guest akanalog

i was surprised to find out that a richard davis live muse LP has made it to CD.

i found a copy for cheap online.

good album with um joe bonner and hannibal petersen and freddie waits and maybe clifford jordan on sax.

i think more muse albums than i thought made it to disc since i also found one of the two visitors albums (coltranes nephews) online.

No Chit? :P

I almost bought a dvd yesterday, then I thought better of it.

Which DVD--we need to know the details of these Near Purchase Experiences!

Care to post a cover photo of Hard Talk on Amiga? Never seen that variant...

not Hard Talk, but One Upmanship

I haven't nearly bought anything for ages...

MG

Is that because you just go ahead and buy anything you are tempted by?

Yes, or it goes into the endless list.

Basically, the time I get tempted and nearly buy things is when I'm in a physical shop. Lately, there hasn't actually been much that tempts me in those places.

MG