Diggin' for Gold

I know I don't post a lot here; I guess I do more lurking/trolling than anything but I come here on a daily basis (during the work week that is), but something's been bothering me and I need to tell someone. My wife doesn't want to hear it and I'm sure my co-workers aren't the appropriate people to discuss it with, so I turn to you, my Jazz brethren to find out exactly what the problem is with people today.

Recently I've seen an increase in people who publicly dig for gold, trying to pick some winners - hell, THEY'RE PICKING THEIR NOSES IN PUBLIC! Yesterday, I sat on the train to NYC watching a guy (actually trying not to watch, but watching in disgust thinking how could he do that on a crowded train) in the seat across from me probe each nostril for approx 5 mins. each. I couldn't contain myself and started saying under my breath, 'How could you pick your nose?, could you please stop picking your nose?, etc, etc. I got a little louder but he didn't hear, plus I wasn't sure about making a scene on the train. I was totally disgusted. I've noticed several others picking/diggin' on the train (and just walking down the street) since I started working in NYC/taking public transportation again about 2 yrs ago. And these are professionals in shirt & tie. I guess what was reserved for the bathroom (or in some cases, in your car - stuck in traffic) has now been brought out into the open!

Is this not a filthy habit any longer? Is it OK to probe the schnozz in other countries? And yes, it was a pick, not a scratch! Actually, it was more investigative as I'm almost certain he looked at his fingers several times to see what treasures were found.

Any comments? Should I say something next time someone on the train next to me starts to probe? I was tempted to take out my camera phone and take a picture of the guy on the train...

Sorry to complain but this is something that bothers me. What's next? I'd rather not to think of the possibilities.

:(

Its get worse......over here you get the ones who examine for hours upon hours and then worse still, those who are undernourished and what a mini feast (eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww!) which is not fun to watch. Last but by no means least is the ones who pick and flick (usually in toilets or confined spaces)..oh my god..makes me want to yell

howcouldyoudosuchaselfishfuckinthinglikethat! :bad:

but as I am in the toilet, on my own, and they have gone it would be rather silly

Picking's one thing-eatingand or flickin...barf!

Edited by andybleaden

Hey, I was talking to a coworker a month or so ago, and he starts a major excavation project right in midconversation. Hell, I thought he was going to lose a finger for a moment...

I guess there are more disgusting things in public (a deep ass scratch comes to mind...) but jeez.

We lived in a little room, man. it was, it was probably a fourth as big as, as your livin’ room, frank. (cough) and uh, everytime we picked a booger we’d flip it on this one window, or wipe it there if we couldn’t flip it there, y’know. and uh, I guess dwight stayed with me for about....’bout seven months, wasn’t it? six months? and uh, every night we’d contribute, y’know, two or three or four boogers, y’know. and when he left, uh my mom knew what was goin’ on all the time but we thought we had her hoodwinked. y’see, she was smarter than we, what, than what we were. an’ she made us clean ’em off, y’know? we used ajax and we couldn’t get them things...we had to use a... had to use a putty knife, man, to get them damn things off the window. you couldn’t even see out the window with all them boogers, man. I’m not kiddin’ you (sniff). an’ it was big ones too, an little, and there was some goober ones that weren’t even hard man, you’d just smear ’em, young ones. it’s like fro-you’ve seen frosted glasses. that window was just like a frosted glass with spots all over it, y’know? and uh, (sniff) it was- it was no good. although, th-that was the good ol’ days, though.