What NBA player are you?

Yeah, judging by my honest answers to those basketball questions, whoever Raja Bell is, he must suck big time...

Exactly. I'm also Raja - too short and too heavy for my position and average at just about everything (basketball-related that is).

But just think, even the suckiest NBA player gets a couple hundred thousand a year just to stink up the court, even if it is only for a year or two. Man, I wish I had that gig!

Yeah, judging by my honest answers to those basketball questions, whoever Raja Bell is, he must suck big time...

Exactly. I'm also Raja - too short and too heavy for my position and average at just about everything (basketball-related that is).

But just think, even the suckiest NBA player gets a couple hundred thousand a year just to stink up the court, even if it is only for a year or two. Man, I wish I had that gig!

Actually, Raja Bell is an outstanding player. He's a hard-nosed defender with a nice catch-and-shoot jumper who rebounds well for his position. Raja played a big role in helping the Suns get to the Conference Finals last year, including hitting a huge three pointer to stave off elimination against the Clippers.

i was also shane battier, one of my least favorite players. at least i do not have a weird ridged brow like he does.

Judging by the limited number of players involved, I'm guessing this "quiz" didn't have a very sophisticated system. It's not surprising that their answers are ridiculous. Well, aside from JSngry being a turtlehead.*

It'd be interested if basketball-reference.com did something similar.

Guy

*Actually I have never seen Jim.

No. Unlike you I'm not a fair-weather fan who follows a single guy around the league rather than a team.

ZING!!!

:P

That reminds me of the old Seinfeld bit: About how back in the day, before free-agency, you could root for your favorite team, and year after year it would be the same guys. Now the rosters change so much, that you have to resign yourself to cheer on whomever happens to be wearing your team's uniform this year. So, essentially we're rooting for laundry! :g

Edited by DukeCity

:unsure: What I'm not getting here is how we're ending up with so many big guys (Yao, Duncan, Webber, etc). Do that many of you really like to play down low? Anybody here over 6' 8"? (just a cutoff point I selected based on experience... I've known a couple of 6' 8" guys, but never anybody taller than that).

Btw, I'm only about 6' 1", and I know Shane Battier is much bigger than that, so obviously this test doesn't match us up perfectly. Anyway, I've never played any position other than guard in my adult life (duh).

No. Unlike you I'm not a fair-weather fan who follows a single guy around the league rather than a team.

ZING!!!

:P

That reminds me of the old Seinfeld bit: About how back in the day, before free-agency, you could root for your favorite team, and year after year it would be the same guys. Now the rosters change so much, that you have to resign yourself to cheer on whomever happens to be wearing your team's uniform this year. So, essentially we're rooting for laundry! :g

That is true. And funny.

:unsure: What I'm not getting here is how we're ending up with so many big guys (Yao, Duncan, Webber, etc). Do that many of you really like to play down low? Anybody here over 6' 8"? (just a cutoff point I selected based on experience... I've known a couple of 6' 8" guys, but never anybody taller than that).

Btw, I'm only about 6' 1", and I know Shane Battier is much bigger than that, so obviously this test doesn't match us up perfectly. Anyway, I've never played any position other than guard in my adult life (duh).

Well, hell...it wouldn't be very easy to match us up by size. I always thought Spud Webb was a cute little guy from seeing him on TV. Then I finally went to an NBA game in Oakland and found out that I was just about as tall as he was... :(

Edited by Jazzmoose

Well, hell...it wouldn't be very easy to match us up by size. I always thought Spud Webb was a cute little guy from seeing him on TV. Then I finally went to an NBA game in Oakland and found out that I was just about as tall as he was... :(

Yeah, "Short" for the NBA = "tolerably tall in real life"

Well, hell...it wouldn't be very easy to match us up by size.

Right, so I figured most of us are closest to the size of NBA guards, would not be very likely to have played as much forward or center (the question remains... anybody here over 6' 8"? :unsure: ) and thus I would have though that most of our test results would have matched us with guards due to the answer we gave to question #1. But it appears that this test is screwed up. ^_^

Well, hell...it wouldn't be very easy to match us up by size.

Right, so I figured most of us are closest to the size of NBA guards, would not be very likely to have played as much forward or center (the question remains... anybody here over 6' 8"? :unsure: ) and thus I would have though that most of our test results would have matched us with guards due to the answer we gave to question #1. But it appears that this test is screwed up. ^_^

Yet many of us may be taller in our everyday lives than most of the people we interact with.

(That's my rationalization and I'm sticking to it.)