what are you drinking right now?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, bresna said:

I have a couple of bottles of Booker White in the fridge. I wonder if this winery will be affected by their recent influx of money from Constellation Brands?

Booker is one of the 2 wine clubs I belong to. Quality still seems excellent.

“I couldn’t be more excited,” said Eric Jensen, Booker Vineyard’s founder and winemaker. “Together with Constellation, we’re going to bring the best wines from Paso Robles to American consumers while flipping the traditional fine wine experience on its head. I am a farmer and a winemaker at heart, and I have known for some time that I need a strategic partner that shares my values and brings something to the table that I don’t. Constellation has an amazing, growing fine wine portfolio and works with the best minds in the business. With this partnership, we will reap the benefits of Constellation’s brand building and sales expertise, plus its leading network to help us grow our business in ways I can’t on my own. We are fired up and ready to rock!”

Edited by jlhoots

Just now, Teasing the Korean said:

No, I don't put milk in tea.  Being that you are in London, am I doing it wrong?

You're doing it right if that's how you enjoy it. 

Here most people will take their tea, especially breakfast tea, with milk - a good old fashioned English cuppa. Sweetened, if at all, by sugar. Tradition would have it, and my dear departed grandma too, that it's best made in a teapot, initially warmed with boiling water. And that the milk is added to the cup first.

Personally it's a tea bag in the mug, brewed for a few minutes, stirred and milk added. Bob's your uncle, as we'd say

2 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

You're doing it right if that's how you enjoy it. 

Here most people will take their tea, especially breakfast tea, with milk - a good old fashioned English cuppa. Sweetened, if at all, by sugar. Tradition would have it, and my dear departed grandma too, that it's best made in a teapot, initially warmed with boiling water. And that the milk is added to the cup first.

Personally it's a tea bag in the mug, brewed for a few minutes, stirred and milk added. Bob's your uncle, as we'd say

Thanks!  Did you see my addendum about Ceylon Breakfast Tea?  

1 minute ago, Teasing the Korean said:

Thanks!  Did you see my addendum about Ceylon Breakfast Tea?  

No, I didn't. my initial question was very much meant in jest, I hope you realise. I'm not a connoisseur so I've not knowingly tasted Ceylon. It's very much the bog standard cuppa for me, staple hereabouts.  i suspect your more finessed approach pays greater rewards.

If I can be of help tracking Ceylon for you do say

11 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

No, I didn't. my initial question was very much meant in jest, I hope you realise. I'm not a connoisseur so I've not knowingly tasted Ceylon. It's very much the bog standard cuppa for me, staple hereabouts.  i suspect your more finessed approach pays greater rewards.

If I can be of help tracking Ceylon for you do say

Thank you!  It does pop up at specialty shops now and then, but it's not part of the Twinings A list carried by most US grocery stores.  And yes, I knew you were asking in jest.  

Edited by Teasing the Korean