****EMERGENCY WARNE MARSH POST*****

chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF WATCHING THIS MOVIE FILMED BY WARNE'S DAD RIGHT NOW, well the reason for this post is because THE WAY WARNE'S DAD PHOTOGRAPHED MOVIE IS JUST AS OUT OF CONTROL AS A WARNE TENOR SAX SOLO. THE WHOLE MOVIE IS IN BLACK AND WHITE, EXCEPT THERES THIS ONE TECHNICOLOR SEQUENCE IN PERFECT COLOR, NOT THAT TYPICAL LATE 30's TECHNICOLOR GARBAGE. ANYWAYS THE SHOT, THE STAGE IS IN COLOR W/ ALL THE HOT CHICKS DOING THE FASHION SHOW, BUT THE REST OF THE SHOT IS BLACK IN WHITE, WITH JUST THE LITTLE COLOR STAGE, THEN THEY PAN IN.

the movie is called 'the women' and joan crawford is in it, who scares the shit out of me. she is hot but scary-hot. like elvira or something. it also has joan fontaine who is more normal-hot. anyways the point of thread is: warne's dad filmed this movie just as crazy as warne plays the saxophone. see what im sayin'?

I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF WATCHING THIS MOVIE FILMED BY WARNE'S DAD RIGHT NOW, well the reason for this post is because THE WAY WARNE'S DAD PHOTOGRAPHED MOVIE IS JUST AS OUT OF CONTROL AS A WARNE TENOR SAX SOLO. THE WHOLE MOVIE IS IN BLACK AND WHITE, EXCEPT THERES THIS ONE TECHNICOLOR SEQUENCE IN PERFECT COLOR, NOT THAT TYPICAL LATE 30's TECHNICOLOR GARBAGE. ANYWAYS THE SHOT, THE STAGE IS IN COLOR W/ ALL THE HOT CHICKS DOING THE FASHION SHOW, BUT THE REST OF THE SHOT IS BLACK IN WHITE, WITH JUST THE LITTLE COLOR STAGE, THEN THEY PAN IN.

the movie is called 'the women' and joan crawford is in it, who scares the shit out of me. she is hot but scary-hot. like elvira or something. it also has joan fontaine who is more normal-hot. anyways the point of thread is: warne's dad filmed this movie just as crazy as warne plays the saxophone. see what im sayin'?

I think we must have very different ideas of what constitutes an emergency...... :wacko:

If you're into '30's soap, "The Women" is pretty good. If I recall, quite the star studded cast. In addition to Joan Crawford, there's Norma Shearer, Rosiland Russell and the sweater girl, Paulette Goddard. Color was still kind of an oddity in 1939, so the fashion show sequence in the middle of the picture was proabably quite a shock to a lot of movie goers at the time. Not to mention how cool it is to see some of the haute coutoure of the period in living color.

Up over and out.

I'm more concerened with why the "Chewy with less sugar" as an avatar instead of the regular box?

So Warne's dad was what, the camera guy?

Warne's father was an important figure in Hollywood at the time. He owned a patent or two on cameras. Warne's two sons check us out and can add info.

Few folks understand the importance of cinematographers.

Thanks for the clarification.

I figured I was being a little disrespectful by calling him just a "camera guy".

• 2 weeks later...

Warne's youngest here. Warne's brother, my uncle, Owen Marsh, was also a cinematographer for many a moon, working oneverything from, 'The Brady Bunch' to 'Night Rider'. He's also carpenter like his father and my father. (My dad built Sonny Dallas's shower!!). My great aunt was Mae Marsh, a silent film actress, who I believe made a few with Chaplin.

Kc, my older brother, is an actor and writer, and I play the bass...madness is in the blood!!!

I haven't posted in a while. Good to be here. Is everybody in good spirits? Long time no speak, Chuck.

Jp

Mae info: http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0550615/