NFL chat thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notwithstanding the fact that if your record-breaking offense can't score and you can't keep Eli FUCKING Manning out of the end zone you deserve to go home with the most embarrassing failure in the history of the league,

FUCK THE GIANTS AND MOST OF ALL FUCK THOSE ASSHOLES ON THE '72 DOLPHINS.

The thought of those assholes celebrating tonight is like Joe Morgan, Bucky Dent and Aaron Fucking Boone all rolled into one huge fucking sucker punch in the gut - the kind that killed Houdini.

:angry::angry::angry:

I never in a million years imagined that I would now be instituting a Total Media Blackout

Notwithstanding the fact that if your record-breaking offense can't score and you can't keep Eli FUCKING Manning out of the end zone you deserve to go home with the most embarrassing failure in the history of the league,

The thought of those assholes celebrating tonight is like Joe Morgan, Bucky Dent and Aaron Fucking Boone all rolled into one huge fucking sucker punch in the gut - the kind that killed Houdini.

I never in a million years imagined that I would now be instituting a Total Media Blackout

How old are you Dan?

If the Patriots are the greatest offense ever, does that make the Giants the greatest defense ever. :ph34r:

Give credit to the Manning kid, he showed some shutzpa. He should get the MVP, as i wrote this, didn't know who won it.

Seems we're still going to endure those 72 Dolphins douchebags :bwallace:

Edited by Van Basten II

How old are you Dan?

7 or 8 sounds about right, though the part about a "media blackout" is pretty precocious for a tantrum boy.

I have no problems with the Giants' victory. They deserved to win the game.

Our offense looked awful all game. They scored in the fourth quarter when the Giants "D" were sucking wind. Eli looked really shaky on that last drive. Asante missed an easy interception. Eli was in trouble and he tossed a miracle for a first down. The football gods wanted a NY Giants victory. I can live with it.

I am not a fairweather fan. I care about being in it each year. The unbeaten record brought all kinds of supporters to the team, but I care more about being consistently good each year. As long as we stay good next year--and we should, I'm happy. If we had won the game, then Wes Welker--the smallest guy on the team was a shoe-in for MVP. I'm a little sorry about that. Kudos to the NY Giants!

Great game. If the NFL had more games like that, I'd be an NFL fan.

The Giants on that last drive showed a lot!

I stepped into my car to listen to the various Sirius broadcasts a little bit. I heard the BBC, Flemish, Japanese, German and Russian broadcasts, as well as the Westwood One, the Patriots' and the Giants'.

I don't have a problem with the Giants in general, and don't mind them winning tonight (sorry, Conn).

But I still don't like Eli Manning, never will after his prima-donna "I will never play for the Chargers" thing during the draft. I don't like the thought of him having a Super Bowl MVP to his name in the history books.

Eli pulled a douchebaggy move there no doubt about it. However, would you rather have Randy Moss as the Super Bowl MVP??

Edit: I mean did you see Moss after he scored that TD?? He started parading around the end zone like a fucking peacock.

Edited by J.H. Deeley

Eli pulled a douchebaggy move there no doubt about it. However, would you rather have Randy Moss as the Super Bowl MVP??

If NE had won, it would have been Wes Welker, MVP. Moss was invisible for most of the game.

Agree it probably would have been Welker if NE had won. I'm just using Moss as an example here.

How old are you Dan?

Ask him about Barry Bonds....

Nobody seemed to care (except maybe Baltimore) when John Elway basically did the same thing way back when. San Diego was compensated nicely; they're pretty happy with Rivers. What's the big deal?

Conn, sorry about your Pats. It was a tough game for you to watch, I'm sure. You're as gracious as ever. :)

Even though I wasn't rooting for the Pats, the thought of the 72 Dolphins yammering away about their record makes me weary...

NE got totally ripped off by that 2nd quarter fumble NE obviously recovered [the defensive player was immediately hit by a NY offensive player; thus down by contact] but the referees waited for like an hour before making the call.

If they did what they are paid to do, NE ball and it would have turned the tide against NY.

I guess the league was more interested in another Manning winning the Super Bowl. More press with two brothers winning back-to-back.

Such bullshit.

The NFL sucks.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Tremendous, historic, game. Wes Welker was the only Pat who showed up. What happened to that NE offensive line?

Anyone else think Bill Belichick was a bit greedy going for it on 4th and forever when they were in long FG range? Is losing 7 yards of field position so huge that you go for it on 4th and 13 (or whatever it was) rather than attempt to score 3 points? Was there a physical problem with the placekicker (Fox suggested this was not the case)?

Pretty class move by BB running off the field before it was over--almost Moss-like. An ounce of dignity with all of the well-earned arrogance, perhaps? Guess not. He did manage to talk to a Fox reporter for a minute or two. Who knows how much financial duress was involved.

Is it that tough to ignore Csonka, Griese, Morris, etc. in FL? I'll admit that it was pretty sad that ESPN's first postgame interviews were phone calls with Griese (happy birthday!) and Morris. The season is over now (sorry ProBowl fans) so ignore everything NFL-related (including Mel Kuiper) until the draft...

Pitchers and catchers in less than two weeks!

Tremendous, historic, game. Wes Welker was the only Pat who showed up. What happened to that NE offensive line?

Anyone else think Bill Belichick was a bit greedy going for it on 4th and forever when they were in long FG range? Is losing 7 yards of field position so huge that you go for it on 4th and 13 (or whatever it was) rather than attempt to score 3 points? Was there a physical problem with the placekicker (Fox suggested this was not the case)?

Pretty class move by BB running off the field before it was over--almost Moss-like. An ounce of dignity with all of the well-earned arrogance, perhaps? Guess not. He did manage to talk to a Fox reporter for a minute or two. Who knows how much financial duress was involved.

Is it that tough to ignore Csonka, Griese, Morris, etc. in FL? I'll admit that it was pretty sad that ESPN's first postgame interviews were phone calls with Griese (happy birthday!) and Morris. The season is over now (sorry ProBowl fans) so ignore everything NFL-related (including Mel Kuiper) until the draft...

The Pats Defense never got off the bus.

Pitchers and catchers in less than two weeks!

Right on! :excited:

The Patriots had plenty of time and 3 (?) timeouts at the end of the game to win the game; a questionable call in the 2nd quarter wouldn't have made a difference if they had played their usual comeback game.

And what would create more press than two Mannings winning back to back Superbowls? If the Patriots had gone undefeated, certainly.

Is it that tough to ignore Csonka, Griese, Morris, etc. in FL? I'll admit that it was pretty sad that ESPN's first postgame interviews were phone calls with Griese (happy birthday!) and Morris

You answered your own question. :)

edited to add smiley.

Edited by rachel

Pretty class move by BB running off the field before it was over--almost Moss-like. An ounce of dignity with all of the well-earned arrogance, perhaps? Guess not. He did manage to talk to a Fox reporter for a minute or two.

That's two years in a row of..."questionable" behavior in the face of post-season defeat by Belichick. I understand the intensity of the season, the game, and the disappointment, & I still have the highest respect for the organization's accomplishments this season, but still....just a little busg-league, I think, and not at all befitting the man & the organization.

I really wanted the 'deer in the headlights' lookalike (Eli) to get the stuffing knocked out of him tonite.....but? Oh well.

I wonder if this guy bolted to the basement right after the game to grab up a fistful of sandpaper and go to work on his head? http://www.bostonsportz.com/blog/2008/1/17...-tatoo-man.html