So How You Feelin' This Holiday Season?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...actually I dig Christmas, always have....probably always will. Love getting together with family, friends, giving/getting gifts, eating,.....love the overall vibe of the holiday (minus the greed)....I do my best to block that out......so.......

Merrrrrry Christmas to everyone (that celebrates it) and Happy Whatever to those of you who don't!

Mark~

I'll be heading to South Carolina to spend Christmas with my dad and his wife's family. It will be my first Christmas in a warm climate. I'm actually looking forward to it. Otherwise, its been a very nice holiday season. Normally, I get somewhat sad as I don't really have much family (I'm an only child) and my dad lives out of state. But I've been quite happy lately....been eating some good food, keeping the workload under control, spending more time with friends, seeing alot of movies, and listening to alot of music. For the rest of my life, every time I listen to Ray Charles' Atlantic stuff, I'll be thinking of Christmas 2006.

I hope everyone who is having hard times, or is just plain blue, that things pick up and that you end up enjoying the rest of the year.

I used to not pay much attention to the holidays - just kept off the streets,

but then in '87 my sweetheart showed me the real reason for the holidays:

the LIGHTS!!! :g

Our house is the designated place each year for the family. We have lots of fun.

It's the stuff in the Christmas crackers and the many stockings full of junk from the "one dollar" stores

that are the ROTF laugh riot around here. Better than the presents most of the time!

It's the cleaning up the next day that becomes a bit much.

I've found confetti, small flying discs and balls that were shot out of toy guns,

and other surprises when the couch gets moved away from the wall months later!

Also, I love getting out the recorded music - the sillier the better - but not too early.

Just mix it up and have a good time!

Happy holidays to all!!!

1219.jpg

Edited by rostasi

You mean that would have made it cooler outside?!

No....I just get a chuckle when people say "old man" or "old lady" when referring to the spouse......don't get your panties in a wad....just foolin' around!.........and Merry Christmas!

m~

Same to you, Sheldon!

....my panties are fine! :P

It's going to be a great Christmas; hopefully we will have some snow. But if not, it will still be a great Christmas because for me it's all about being together. ( especially when there's a 9 year old anxious to open presents--that's the beauty of Christmas for me!) :party:

Christmas seems less special when you're retired and there aren't a few days off to look forward to.

But it's Badger's Christmas Curry tomorrow, with some of my former colleagues. I expect to be properly stupid and that'll put me in the mood.

And going to our daughter's on Christmas day is always lovely. The elder grandson (11) wanted money from everyone this year, so he's got very few (token) presents - and we're all intrigued to know what he's going to spend it on.

But I'm feeling good and not as poor as my wife thinks we are. And I wish everyone the best.

MG

Yesterday I had hernia surgery. Today (my birthday) I'm on pain medication, listening to Dexter, and counting my blessings. Season's best to all of you!

Ouch, sorry to hear about that David.

I hope you recover quickly.

Good to see you around.

Damn, what's with all the surgeries around these parts?!

Edited by Scott Dolan