Which Jazz box set are you grooving to right now?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Played disc 3 of the Jack Johnson Miles box last night, now into the Hermeto Pascoal tracks on disc 4... that bass-less jam and the two groovy numbers opening disc 4 were great... about the Pascoal stuff, I'm still not sure... first heard it on "Live Evil" which was probably among my first 10 Miles albums (has since been replaced with the cardboard 2CD set and then the Cellar Door box... still favourite stuff!), and the Pascoal tracks, while lyrical and nice, never really struck me that much...

Bill Evans - The Complete Fantasy Recordings

41M5ZCGQZ9L._SS500_.jpg

so far discs 1, 2 and now approaching the end of disc 3

skipping the date with Bennett on the second half of disc 4, it's the Montreux set now w/Gomez - nice stuff, for sure!

Also the electric piano playing on the duo session on discs 3/4 is alright with me.

Ella and Duke - Cote D'Azur Concerts, discs 6 - 8

That's a great set...and I'm not even a fan of Ella...but I'm a Duke FIEND!

I can only bear to listen to one or two Ella numbers (on this set) but I'm at full attention when it's purely the Duke's band. Great music!

Coltrane - European Concerts discs 3 - 4

There's some highly irritating sound/humming on the last 2 tracks of disc 4 (Swedish concert I think) - never will I play these again...marked an 'x' next to the tracks on the booklet.