The Baseball Thread 2007

Tim McG

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today's Game Between Toronto And Detroit Has Been Postponed Due To Cold Weather. The Game Has Been Rescheduled For September 10th At 7:05 P.m. EDT.

WTF??? How cold is it in Detroit today??

according to weather.com 29F with winds gusting to 30 MPH. :party:

Wilbon on PTI said that the schedule-makers are idiots for scheduling games this early in the coldest cities. Personally, I think we need a few more domes to be able to schedule the beginning of April to avoid the coldest/worst conditions.

Today's Game Between Toronto And Detroit Has Been Postponed Due To Cold Weather. The Game Has Been Rescheduled For September 10th At 7:05 P.m. EDT.

WTF??? How cold is it in Detroit today??

according to weather.com 29F with winds gusting to 30 MPH. :party:

why would anybody in the north pay big bucks to buy tickets for an april baseball game, except on opening day, of course?

however on the radio, or in front of the widescreen, it's a beautiful thing.

how can baseball be played in these temps. hoping the dugouts are heated.

the view of ozzie with his stocking cap over the baseball cap was a magnificent sight.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Pineiro looked good last night ......didn't he finish strong last year as a reliever for the Mariners?

No, Pineiro was a starting pitcher who was terrible -- and he looked worse in the pen. His ERA was 6.36 :bad:

FUNKBLAST.jpg

No, he was better in the pen, with an ERA a hair over 4. He also showed better velocity in short stints (93-94) and better results in first innings than later innings.

Its a risk, and I'd rather have Timlin and Donnelly as the primary 8th inning guys, but Piniero may surprise some people.

Re: Baseball Fans. We all drink our favorite teams Kool-Aid. ;)

Well in the pre-game show today Eck said he was very impressed with Pineiro ....so far...and Eck is pretty

honest . He was kind of all over Schill the other day.

Matsuzaka gets win in KC, temp 36 degrees at game time.

Pitching line: 7 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 10 SO

I watched the whole game Dice-K was VERY IMPRESSIVE !!!

They might not be the toughest lineup he'll face (Sweeney and Grudzlienak got the day off) but Dice was indeed very impressive. So many weapons - and much better command, despite the temperatures, compared to his last two spring starts.

Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid - I think I've downed a whole keg of the Dice-K flavor!

I for one am glad to see you posting about the Red Sox! There are so very few Red Sox fans here...and frankly, they are never mentioned enough on baseball tonight....also never mentioned enough, the Yankees! :P

Dice-K did look good though.... :blush:

They might not be the toughest lineup he'll face (Sweeney and Grudzlienak got the day off) but Dice was indeed very impressive. So many weapons - and much better command, despite the temperatures, compared to his last two spring starts.

Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid - I think I've downed a whole keg of the Dice-K flavor!

Dan , did you see the post game show ? Eck was beaming , He couldn't get over the fact that Dice K pulled

a Forkball out of his pocket ( those are his word's) late in the game .

you can say it was only the Royals, but didn't they just beat Schilling. And the Royals starter was just as impressive pitched a heck of a game.

Dan , did you see the post game show ? Eck was beaming , He couldn't get over the fact that Dice K pulled

a Forkball out of his pocket ( those are his word's) late in the game .

you can say it was only the Royals, but didn't they just beat Schilling. And the Royals starter was just as impressive pitched a heck of a game.

No, I don't get NESN. I was only able to watch because DirecTV has their Extra Innings preview right now, and they only give you the home team broadcast. I wish money weren't tight at the moment, I'd plunk down for the Extra Innings package right now - Dice K starts are going to be like Pedro in 1999. Can't miss TV.

Rangers swept by the Angels, led by Garry Matthews Jr., whom the Rangers should never have let get away. No pitching. Overrated offense.

In other surprising news today, the sun came up....... <_<

Yeah well our pathetic lineup made your sucky number four look like Cy Freaking Young today. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

On to something different: I highly recommend the daily Pod-cast that you can listen to off the ESPN MLB page. They last about fifteen minutes, have interesting writers talking about the daily happenings in baseball. I slam ESPN a lot, especially because so mauch on their coverage in on the "Insider" page, but this is something they got right. :tup

Edited by Matthew

Saturday's day/night doubleheader between Indians and Mariners has been postponed. (they think) They will play a traditional doubleheader (2 games, 1 ticket) on Sunday (...or so they hope). Why oh why don't the Tigers/Indians/WSox/etc. get their trips to Texas done in early April rather than mid/late August?

Sunday's day/night doubleheader between Indians and Mariners has been postponed. (they think) They will play a traditional doubleheader (2 games, 1 ticket) on Monday (...or so they hope). Pretty dumb to schedule the only Mariner visit to Cleveland in early April.

Pineiro looked good last night ......didn't he finish strong last year as a reliever for the Mariners?

No, Pineiro was a starting pitcher who was terrible -- and he looked worse in the pen. His ERA was 6.36 :bad:

FUNKBLAST.jpg

No, he was better in the pen, with an ERA a hair over 4. He also showed better velocity in short stints (93-94) and better results in first innings than later innings.

Its a risk, and I'd rather have Timlin and Donnelly as the primary 8th inning guys, but Piniero may surprise some people.

Re: Baseball Fans. We all drink our favorite teams Kool-Aid. ;)

That's indeed true, Matthew, but it is a fact that his ERA was better in the bullpen, not worse, and that he's showing better velocity and better results in one inning stints. That's not kool-aid, thems are facts.

Re: Pineiro. Get use to it Red Sox fans, now you know what we endured with this guy.