McCoy Tyner Mosaic Select

I used to be a Mosaic collector, but due to some financial proble, I sold out all of them. And now I prefer buying the individual albums than buying a whole collection. Especially Mosaic Select, I don't like the cover and package design. I think they are ugly. About McCoy Tyner Select, I really want to buy the individual albums, but as I know, Cosmos had never been on CD. Am I right? I hope I'm wrong...

I used to be a Mosaic collector, but due to some financial proble, I sold out all of them. And now I prefer buying the individual albums than buying a whole collection. Especially Mosaic Select, I don't like the cover and package design. I think they are ugly. About McCoy Tyner Select, I really want to buy the individual albums, but as I know, Cosmos had never been on CD. Am I right? I hope I'm wrong...

The material with the string group arranged by Kermit Moore was only previously available on the 'Cosmos' Blue Note 2LP set from the late 70s I believe.

on the cd,mccoy tyner-asante,blue note 93384, issued in 1998,has the following cuts originally issued on cosmos.

1)forbidden land 13:46

2)asian lullaby 8:30

3)hope 14:11

you would still be missing:

1)vibration blues

2)planet x

3)song for my lady

4)cosmos

5)shaken but not forsaken

i think these cuts are only available,on cd,in the mosaic box.

Edited by mike casinghino

on the cd,mccoy tyner-asante,blue note 93384, issued in 1998,has the following cuts originally issued on cosmos.

1)vibration blues

2)planet x

3)song for my lady

4)cosmos

And thus we clearly see the attractiveness of these box sets in spite of your feelings that you don't like the cover and package design thinking that they are ugly. I guess you have to weigh whether those feelings outweigh having and hearing the music. For me, the choice would be pretty simple. ^_^

1)vibration blues

2)planet x

3)song for my lady

4)cosmos

Thanks. Maybe someday when the Select go OOP, they will release the individual album (Connoisseur or RVG).

I love it. One of my best vinyl bin finds.

For me it wasn't exactly a "find," since I got it at Dusty Groove, but it was a fair price. I do like the music, but I have Asante and a really clean transfer from Cosmos, so I really can't justify the Select.

For me it wasn't exactly a "find," since I got it at Dusty Groove, but it was a fair price. I do like the music, but I have Asante and a really clean transfer from Cosmos, so I really can't justify the Select.

I think we must be talking about two different things. I was responding to Guy.

I think we must be talking about two different things. I was responding to Guy.

Ok, I thought you were saying that Cosmos was a great vinyl bin find, which it certainly would be. To change the subject again, I did find Hill's One for One in a record shop set up in some guy's garage. Unfortunately, he knew pretty much what it was worth...

But I bought it anyway. :D