status on "natural essence" rvg

a fantastic date, IMHO (I've got the TOCJ), and if/when it ever comes out in the U.S. - it most certainly would be issued here first as a Conn, rather than an RVG. (It's WAY too obscure a date for them to issue as an RVG first.)

One of these days I'll get around to arranging a letter-writing campaign to see that it's issued here (as a Conn), with some or all of the Trainwreck session as bonus material.

(It would be a crime if it were a straight reissue without at least some of The Trainwreck as bonus material.)

I'm curious about the "trainwreck," though I bet it's pretty bad.

Tyrone sounds good in looser contexts; in fact, I wish the trio track from Natural Essence had its vibe spread across the whole date. That was more what I was looking for upon buying the LP in the first place. I was giving Brilliant Circles a spin earlier this evening, and that is one hell of a record - he is fantastic on it.

is this no good for release on cd? i cant believe it hasnt been domestic RVG-d

An RVG would be really unlikely based on sales potential - I would say that this one was more of a 'Conn'.

Really like this one, even though Tyrone does go off into 'honking' mode on occasion. Woody Shaw is his usual (great) self, worth hearing for him alone.

I have the Toshiba CD (sounds great) and also a German Liberty LP pressing.

It's available on iTunes.

Does the version available on iTunes sound as odd as the old CD suppesedly

does? I've never heard it, waiting for a remaster that doesn't have this problem.

I haven't heard the CD. The iTunes version does sound a bit murky, although it has been a long time since I heard the LP for comparisons.

Here's a used copy for sale - decent price...

Natural Essence

...not anything I'm selling...

Looks like this has been snagged...

Used to have the vinyl of this but got rid of a while ago...then rebought Japanesed edition - glad I did...there's some groovy soul going down here - a little unpolished perhaps, but overall a quirky little album I'm fond of! :g