Curious - Just went to my profile

Chuck Nessa

? Can anyone 'splain this?

I don't know but I've noticed at the Blindman's Blues forum that it shows I am offline while I'm posting - they use a much older version of the same software. The only thing I can guess is that it might be related to logging on "anonymously".

? Can anyone 'splain this?

I don't know but I've noticed at the Blindman's Blues forum that it shows I am offline while I'm posting - they use a much older version of the same software. The only thing I can guess is that it might be related to logging on "anonymously".

Dan is 100% correct. I will occasionally log in and check the box not to be added to the active users list. I'm sure it applies here as well.

What's this logging in business? I NEVER log in. I just connect (over and over again) via e-mail notifications of posts on subscribed threads and I'm in.

Do you all actually log out when it's lunch time or whatever?

MG

We stay logged in even when we are taking a snooze in the back room - we like to clock up the overtime.

Chuck, I hate to have to break it to you, but you've been banned. Unlike some other forums, though, here when you're banned you can still post. But offline only.

MG--what's this email notification business? I keep my Organissimo cookie intact so I don't have to enter my login every time I drop in. I just click View New Posts and see what's happened in my absence. Do you really restrict your posting to threads you subscribe to?

being online doesn't mean being logged in but having clicked on some thread, member profile whatever in the last 5 minutes... if you are inactive for more than five minutes and then click on your member profile it says offline (because it doesn't count your present action of clicking on your member profile yet) (if you then click on the refresh button of your browser it will say on line (reading member profile)) (and will mean not your current reading of the member profile but your last reading before you clicked refresh...)

Chuck, I hate to have to break it to you, but you've been banned. Unlike some other forums, though, here when you're banned you can still post. But offline only.

MG--what's this email notification business? I keep my Organissimo cookie intact so I don't have to enter my login every time I drop in. I just click View New Posts and see what's happened in my absence. Do you really restrict your posting to threads you subscribe to?

No, I have a look at the new stuff - usually every day, sometimes more often. But I'm getting notifications from two other BBs as well, so I tend to "reside" on Yahoo.

MG

No, I have a look at the new stuff - usually every day, sometimes more often. But I'm getting notifications from two other BBs as well, so I tend to "reside" on Yahoo.

MG

You're cheating on us? :ph34r:

MG

You're cheating on us? :ph34r:

Yes ducky, I'm anybody's (where's the smiley for a slightly unclothed siren?)

MG

Haven't been to AAJ for many months now, but just checked it out for shits and giggles as they say. No problem accessing the forums, but the rest of the site seems to require a different account and/or password. Either that, or it doesn't believe me when I tell it my mother's maiden name (and I should know!). And when I try to create a new account, it won't let me use my normal password but requires something more stringent, with too many letters and numbers than I really care to remember for future use. It is a jazz site isn't it, and not a repository for atomic secrets? Anyhow, it's no longer worth my effort to even sign up...