Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lyon failed to attack even after Bayern's Ribery was expelled in the first half. Bayern won 1-0 on homeground.

Lyon still has a chance to qualify if they play better during the return match.

Ribery must be in a weird mood right now after being involved in the prostitution case that is also plaguing a couple of other French national forwards (no wonder France has failed to score lately!).

In recent interviews, Zahia D., the Moroccan girl who recently turned 18, has confirmed relations with Ribery, Govou and Benzema!

A photo from her Facebook page:

abd01918-4d42-11df-bfde-90858b01132b.jpg

If i were a horny man, i wouldn't ask questions about her age either ph34r.gif

Only positive thing about Lyon yesterday is that they only lost 1-0 , they have been badly outplayed during this game, they still have a shot but they allow way too many scoring chances for the few they create it is bound to hurt them.

Bayern Munich vs. Lyon was not much of a match with Bayern winning 3-0 without much opposition.

Winner of the May 22 Champions League final will be the winner of tonights other semifinal Barcelona-Inter Milan.

Placing no bet but hoping to watch a lively game!

• 4 weeks later...

After a rather unspectacular first half, the second half of the Champions League final has given us a few pleasing moments for the eyes. Milito served a nice cup of coffee to Van Buyten for the second goal.

Inter won but the spectacular football has lost yesterday evening. I don’t like the fact that a team with ball possession of 37%, won. But of course we have to count the goals and not the possession.

After a rather unspectacular first half, the second half of the Champions League final has given us a few pleasing moments for the eyes. Milito served a nice cup of coffee to Van Buyten for the second goal.

Inter won but the spectacular football has lost yesterday evening. I don’t like the fact that a team with ball possession of 37%, won. But of course we have to count the goals and not the possession.

Maybe I am a bit partisan about the issue, though I am not an Inter Milan fan, and they played the whole game with eleven non italian players and a portuguese trainer, but I think that football is a tactical game too. Mourinho interpreted the game in the best way, Bayern missed Ribery, so they were a little light in attack, Robben a part, they needed always to keep forward two midfielders in order to attack, so the Bayern was lacking in midfield, Inter Milan exploited this lacking with couterattacks.

About the possesion, doesn't mean too much IMHO, when you are loosing, you should keep the ball in order to score. And a final is always a special match, often the teams are too frightened for playing at best. For sure Barcellona played the best for most of the season, but lost the semifinal double games. What I like about the football is that is unpredictable, it's not a mainstream movie where the good, the best and the most beautiful prevail at the end. Unfortunately nowadays only a handful teams in Europe have the economic power to gain a Championship.

In french we have a word for it, it's called réalisme.

IF Inter stance against Barça was a bit on the outrageous side , can't say the same for this game, in terms of scoring chances both teams had the number of scoring chances. Was it entertaining, not exactly but it was a watchable game that put in light a team that works effectively as a collective.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yossi Benayoun moved from Liverpool to Chelsea. I wish him good luck but I'm not sure he took the right decision. I'm afraid he is going to spend most of his time on the bench. I hope I'm wrong.

No he hasn't.

Rafa Benítez made my life a misery at Liverpool, says Yossi Benayoun.

yossi-benayoun-006.jpg

Yes, I saw this as well myself today, I think there's a bit more here.

I'm kinda glad he's done it as well, as if you read some of the stuff about Benítez from some Liverpool fans you would swear that he had been taken outside and shot in front of his family, not sacked with a 6 million pound payout for finishing 7th. I think Benítez manipulated the Liverpool fans to a certin extent and anyone of them who watched the team play last season would have admit that there was something very wrong in the camp. The fact that it's Yossi saying it makes it more powerful to be honest, as he never came across as a moaner/whinger. I though he should have stayed on though, but if the deal was already done...

Here's Yossi at his new club;

article-0-0A54AD2B000005DC-540_468x286.jpg

Thierry Henry and his new jersey

henry_640dl1.jpg?w=360&h=214

He still has some sparks left. Hope the Red Bulls will be a worthy team to showcase his talents.

I don't know about that, his last season at Arsenal was the begining of the end really, he had a lot of injuries, IIRC he really only had one very good season at Barca, the rest was very hot and cold. I think if he really had any gas left in the tank he wouldn't be heading for the MLS, with all due respect to that league and it's players, it's more of a one last big payday than anything else.

Some news from the Spanish paper Marca:

Juventus are apparently interested in Diego Forlan to the tune of 20 million Euros.

Real Madrid have signed or are close to signing Sami Khedira of Germany.

According to Argentine sources, Spain and Aregentina will pay a friendly in NY on September 7. If that report is correct, I'm presuming the new Giant Jets Stadium in the Meadowlands. Hopefully this is correct and I will be there!

And the really big news, Paul is moving to the Madrid Aquarium :)