Mozilla Firefox

Peter

Same here! Anyone tried Safari by the way? I had major problems with it. It is the Beta version but it did seem a PITA.

I tried Safari for Win. What's the point? I'm happy with FireFox, I don't know why Mac even created a copy of Safari for Win.

I've been hearing how great FireFox is for a couple of years, have been looking for an excuse to jump on the bandwagon. But, I can't see a reason for giving up IE because, as far as I know, it's been trouble free. Maybe I'm having problems and don't know it? Like, I hear of all the problems that IE has, but wonder if the problems don't lie with something else causing it to mess up. My computer is the cheapest thing Compaq puts out and IE seems to work great on it.

I almost feel apologetic for using IE. :huh:

Edited by MoGrubb

i am using firefox at work (have to) and ie at home and while in general i like firefox better, i often have problems with the forum where threads are not displayed correctly, can't think of example threads right now, but many posts are not displayed the way they should instead the buttons like "email"... are spread all over the place... (and these problems are still there after the update)

i am using firefox at work (have to) and ie at home and while in general i like firefox better, i often have problems with the forum where threads are not displayed correctly, can't think of example threads right now, but many posts are not displayed the way they should instead the buttons like "email"... are spread all over the place... (and these problems are still there after the update)

Those are real old posts, I hardly ever see them.

Edited by 7/4

I have a Mac. I used Netscape since the birth of the web, now it's three years I use Firefox and I am happy with it. Sometimes with FF I can't download Pdf, so I switch to Netscape for it. Never had a problem with the Forum software...nor with its members :D

Those are real posts, I hardly ever see them.

:lol: you mean ie doesn't display them correctly? will post here when i stumble across the next one

:lol: you mean ie doesn't display them correctly? will post here when i stumble across the next one

You responded before I could finish my edit. I said real old posts. There's some kind of corruption in the database and they come out with strange formatting in FireFox.

Edited by 7/4

You responded before I could finish my edit. I said real old posts. There's some kind of corruption in the database and they come out with strange formatting in FireFox.

ah, i see... there is also some type of new similar error since the update but i can't really remember the shape of it (iirc in some place it looked as if chuck nessa had posted a photograph of the "replying to" window or something, have seen it several times, will be on the look-out)

Like Greg's praying for SACD?

I tried switching to FF when I was on MSN9 dialup but couldn't figure out how to use the go-between site/function that I needed to import Favorites and my Address book. [FF didn't provide import capability from MSN9 and MSN9 didn't provide export capability to FF.]

Edited by MoGrubb

When I switched from my old iMac to my new PowerBook and MiniMac I hadn't any problems importing bookmarks from Nescape into FF.

I had problems importing old mails and addresses from Ms Entourage into Mozilla Thunderbird. So my old correspondence is splitted within three different computers and two different softwares. Not a big problems, it would be if I were Thomas Jefferson and my correspondence would be of historical interest.

Edited by porcy62

I was a big fan of OPERA but encountered problems with the latest upgrade (was no longer compatible with my old operating system) - imported the bookmarks to Firefox without a problem. Firefox starts faster because OPERA had e-mail, newsgroup, and chat clients that I never used. The browser itself is slower than OPERA. The only thing I missed was navigating with mouse gestures, but the add-on for Firefox works now.

BTW - no browser, especially not IE, displays the web pages exactly as designed - Microsoft stubbornly ignores some standards for their browser.

Edited by mikeweil

Same here! Anyone tried Safari by the way? I had major problems with it. It is the Beta version but it did seem a PITA.

I tried Safari for Win. What's the point? I'm happy with FireFox, I don't know why Mac even created a copy of Safari for Win.

The latest Beta release is much more stable (no more crashing when accessing bookmarks, etc.) but it's still got major flaws (font display on Win, ...). No matter what, if you don't bloat it with extensions, it's the fastest rendering machine out there.

I'm a Firefox user and have been ever since version 0.something, but I enjoy having Safari on board, simply because it allows me to test the rendering of web pages with that browser on my Win machine. So, for web developers, having Safari is a great thing.