Luciana Souza

dancerchick310

Apparently, she was nominated for 3 Grammys! My friend who works at umg told me about her because he knows that I like to listen to relaxing music when I go running, so I was able to buy her past album Duos II and thought it was great for my running collection. She has a new album coming out today titled The New Bossa Nova and I'm sure it'll be just as great as her other albums. http://www.vervemusicgroup.com/ecard.aspx?...56&ecid=123 has some cool songs by her so if anyone wants to check her out, feel free to.

When someone with few posts praises a new album and provides a link, people often suspect they are being paid to promote the artist, so be prepared for some snide comments.

This is especially true when that person's few posts are all promoting new releases from the same label.

Her (if she's really a she in the first place) post is the normal, cookie-cutter post from all of the label pimpers.

Luciana Souza is a fine singer.

When someone with few posts praises a new album and provides a link, people often suspect they are being paid to promote the artist, so be prepared for some snide comments.

I hope her new Verve meets the high standards she has set with Sunnyside Records.

Yes, that's true about receiving snide comments. I'm on the lookout already.

This is especially true when that person's few posts are all promoting new releases from the same label.

Her (if she's really a she in the first place) post is the normal, cookie-cutter post from all of the label pimpers.

Yes, my last few posts have been praises for past and current artists. That "Her" is a she.

In any case, I just got done listening to the entire album. It's very mellow, and stays in the Bossa zone. It's different from her Sunnyside efforts, in that those always had some ambitious element to them, whether in the virtuosity of the performers (including Luciana, obviously), or some unusual twist in the arrangements. Really none of that here - everything is in service of the song, with barely any soloing. It's all quite beautiful, of course. How much time I'll want to spend in that space is hard to say right now, but I'll surely give it some more spins.

Her redesigned website sure looks great - She's never looked more gorgeous.

http://www.lucianasouza.com/

Edited by Joe G

Yes, my last few posts have been praises for past and current artists. That "Her" is a she.

You're being paid to promote this music, are you not? Your praise is marketing.

It would be great if you actually purchased an organissimo CD from the board here, and let us know what you actually think of it, instead of the newest release from your "friend's" company, UMG.