what are nicest things that happened to you this year?

After a bad 2005 (separated from my ex-wife), and a better 2006 (finalized divorce, started getting on with life), I've had a wondeful 2007. I started dating my current girlfriend in January and it's the best relationship I've ever been in. And I feel like I've learned and grown a lot over the past several years. Becoming involved with her is not the only nice thing that happened to me this year, but it was definitely the nicest.

Inheriting $75 million was kind of nice.

No question, it is very nice. Although for me it was only $50 mil. Still nice though. ;)

Pasta, that is great to hear. :cool:

For me this was an up and down year to say the least. One positive, rising costs and all other bullshit aside, this was a record breaking year for the business.

Would you like to become a Patron of the Arts?

had cancer, did not die!

To quote Lon, "Awesome!" Glad you're still here!

After a bad 2005 (separated from my ex-wife), and a better 2006 (finalized divorce, started getting on with life), I've had a wondeful 2007. I started dating my current girlfriend in January and it's the best relationship I've ever been in. And I feel like I've learned and grown a lot over the past several years. Becoming involved with her is not the only nice thing that happened to me this year, but it was definitely the nicest.

Good news!

I'm on a similar path but about a year behind you. Glad to hear you found someone else, Rob! At this point I'm not interested in any kind of relationship EVER again, but I realize I'm still too close to the event. I'm hoping that changes over time.

Anyway, congratulations! There's always hope! :party:

I'm on a similar path but about a year behind you. Glad to hear you found someone else, Rob! At this point I'm not interested in any kind of relationship EVER again, but I realize I'm still too close to the event. I'm hoping that changes over time.

Indeed there is! Stay open to possibilities....

I have a bad feeling that I'm just a bit up the same road from both of you, but we'll see...

I have a bad feeling that I'm just a bit up the same road from both of you, but we'll see...

Aww man! :(

Making contact with a half dozen or so Melbourne Dead Heads has been pretty cool.

In a broader sense, switching my focus to older rock, country, blues and jazz - anything from 10 to more than 100 years old - has been a tremendous kick involving lotsa Bear Family boxes, Dick's Picks and so on. And, just lately, a high-volume, high-octane return to the monster slabs of Aussie '80s guitar grunge that was my life when I first moved to this country.

Yet I still hang out on jazz boards? Go figga! :blink:

My bosses paid for me and my wife to go to China (mine was ostesibly for work-related reasons), but paying for Cyndy to go was a ten-year anniversary present from my bosses. Needless to say, it was an unforgettable experience.

That just barely beat out getting to hang out with Skid, Chuck, Joe, & Randy for a night this summer! (it's been too long since I've had a big Randissimo bear hug!) ;)

After the most depressing beginning to a year in recent memory (awful job, hated where I lived, etc) things started to look up.

1. Was able to hook back up with my best friend from High School after 15 years.

2. He insisted I move to Virginia Beach, which has ended up being a great move, I really love it here.

3. 3 weeks after I arrived I found a job that (although doesn't really pay enough) is something that I really enjoy doing.

4. Just found a great apartment 1/2 mile from the beach, I move in this weekend.

5. Flying down to Austin to spend Christmas with Lon.

2007 ended up being not all that bad and for once I'm actually looking forward to the new year.

Actually, I did not inherit $75 million.

One of the nicest things that happened was that the three friends who lived next door to me, and across the hall from me, in the dorm at the University of Wisconsin in 1975-76 came to Kansas City to visit, with spouses, for the Green Bay Packers v. Kansas City Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium. It was the first time we had been together since 1980. These are the guys that I listened to music with and discovered jazz with, in college.

I was pleasantly surprised that everyone is very nice, happy, mentally interested and interesting (not a given for people in their early 50s). Everyone loved the art museum and Arthur Bryant's barbecue. We had a truly fun and pleasant time.