Are you around 40??? Do you remember this TV Show???

BERIGAN

b0d0793509a0fe5747c74110.L.jpg

http://www.deepdiscount.com/The-Secrets-Of...VVviewprod.htm#

I would have put this on one of those 2 DVD threads, but one can't search using only 3 letters.

Amazed a show like this (A Saturday morning kids show from the mid/late 70s) would get a DVD release. But, I imagine a lot of boys really had a crush on Joanna Cameron....... :wub:

Edited by BERIGAN

I'm 44 and I do remember that show...a little. All I remember about it is that she would access her super powers by touching her two bracelets together and saying, "Oh, mighty Isis!" Then, shazam, she would start kicking ass.

Don't remember particularly having a crush, and I can't imagine dropping any cash on the DVD's. Thanks for the flashback, though. :tup

YES! If I remember correctly it was a Saturday morning series.

The series that I'd actually like to see again was called "Cliffhanger(s)", it was an hour show on Saturday nights, there were 3 different stories so you'd get new chapters of each every week. I would be willing to bet that it was a summer replacement series because I don't think it was around very long. I liked it because one of the stories was about a vampire.

Secrets of Isis... I only vaguely remember that one. Land of the Lost/Jonny Quest/Classic Warner Bros. is the mid 70's Saturday morning fare I remember the most... Ah, the mid 70's. Evil Kineval and Bruce Jenner loomed large in my personal mythology. I wished my dog could do frisbee tricks. Had the 45's of The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald and Dream On. And a crush on a girl named Louise. :rsmile:

I remember Isis and Shazam. Didn't think much of the latter. Compared to the Six Million Dollar Man (theme music by Oliver Nelson), Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman and the Incredible Hulk, it was pretty thin stuff, but a mildy enjoyable diversion while munching cereal.

Now that I did not know. All favs of mine at the time, though SMDM seen now is SO bad. :bad:

I'm waiting for the complete "Quark", the Outer Space Garbage Collector (or whatever it was called).

qp2.JPGquarkgr1.jpg

Man, this rings a distant bell! Was this saturday kiddie fare, or was it an NBC show? Something right after Manimal? ;)

Speaking of shows back in the day, anyone remember, or care to admit to watching Far out Space Nuts??? :unsure:

faroutsn.jpg

Edited by BERIGAN

My all-time favourite from my childhood was the original "AVENGERS which featured Patrick MacNee and the fabulous Diana Rigg. I wanted to be Mrs.[not Ms.] Peel.

It was on every Friday night and nobody I knew missed it.

The writing was top-notch witty and totally nuts, but in a good way.

Loved it!!

The feature film made recently with Ralph Fiennes and Uma Thurman didn't come close to the magic, it's multi-million dollar budget notwithstanding.

Edited by patricia

My all-time favourite from my childhood was the original "AVENGERS which featured Patrick MacNee and the fabulous Diana Rigg. I wanted to be Mrs.[not Ms.] Peel.

It was on every Friday night and nobody I knew missed it.

The writing was top-notch witty and totally nuts, but in a good way.

Loved it!!

And don't forget the great music by Laurie Johnson, some of the best music ever written for a TV show...

Hey, Richard Benjamin! I remember Quark!

Remember the show he and Paula Prentiss had- wasn't it called "He & She"?

FFA, He & She was one of my favorites! As I recall, it caught on during the summer reruns after it had been canceled. The network wanted to bring it back, but Benjamin and Prentiss had already made other commitments.

Speaking of beauties, Paula Prentiss was always one of my favorites. Does anybody remember her movie with Rock Hudson called Man's Favorite Sport? And I think she was in another favorite of mine called The Horizontal Lieutenant.