couple of chess babes

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

World chess queen plots her next move

The women's world chess champion is a 24-year-old Russian aspiring model who lives with her husband and baby in Key Biscayne.

Grandmaster Alexandra Kosteniuk: 2008 Women's World Chess Champion

2008 Women's World Chess Champion Alexandra Kosteniuk, a 24-year-old grandmaster and aspiring model, talks about chess and life in Miami with her husband and their new baby.

THE MIAMI HERALD

BY EVAN S. BENN

ebenn@MiamiHerald.com

The best women's chess player in the world flipped a dirty diaper into the trash as she pondered her next move after a dominating year.

''I want to open a chess academy online, keep training, doing the podcast,'' South Floridian Alexandra Kosteniuk said during a recent stroll with her baby, Francesca. ``But right now, my priority is being a mommy.''

story

• 1 month later...

From the Chessbase site (courtesy Frederic Friedel):

dominguez07-jn.jpg

[Cuban GM] Leinier Dominguez with his girlfriend Yisel Martinez

I had the following exchange with this young lady: "So where are you from, Yisel?" – "Cuba. Actually from the same village as Leinier." – "And what do you do? What is your profession?" – "I am an atomic physicist." – "You are a WHAT?" – "You know, Frederic: atom? Boom!" – "Yes, I know what an atomic or nuclear physicist is. But are you really one?" – "Sure, why not?" – "Okay, sorry to do this, but can you tell me what a Large Hadron Collider is?" – "You mean the LHC? Well, I actually worked at CERN..." There followed an intense exchange in which I told her about my fears that the LHC might be a deadly threat to humankind. "No, no, don't worry," she said. "On the one hand it is highly unlikely – practically impossible – that dangerous black holes will be produced, the kind that last longer than microseconds before they evaporate due to Hawking radiation. And secondly they will never get it to run. The whole machine is too complicated, it will keep failing until they give up." Yep, she is the real thing.

Later that evening I told a friend about this conversation. "Why didn't I know this?" he groaned. "They were sitting at the next table at the closing dinner and I did not join them! I could have spent hours discussing particle physics with her, and instead had an evening listening to missed chances in an Open Catalan."

• 1 month later...

I always follow and enjoy Amber. The occasional hung pieces (including a couple of Queens so far this year) in the blindfold games can be off-putting, but some "blind" games are incredibly good.

[Added] After 4 rounds, Kramnik's leads the combined by only 1/2 point due to his 3.5/4 in the blindfold, in which he's the perennial favorite. He's 50% in the rapids.

Edited by T.D.

I always follow and enjoy Amber. The occasional hung pieces (including a couple of Queens so far this year) in the blindfold games can be off-putting, but some "blind" games are incredibly good.

It's humbling to know that these guys could play us blindfold and kick our asses! They are that good.

Don't feel bad; I'm sure you could kick my ass with a blindfold and gloves... ;)

Well, the World Champion (Anand Viswanathan) hung his Queen on the 25th move of one of today's blindfold games, which should give hope to us mere mortals :rofl: ...Unfortunately, even with sight of the board against a blindfold Anand, I'd probably have gotten into a totally lost position by that time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

http://reports.chessdom.com/news-2009/nata...ogonina-website

"Chessdom.com presents Natalia Pogonina's website

Chess Kamasutra top secret project

Natalia Pogonina revealed to [Chessdom.com] her "top secret" project - Chess Kamasutra. It is a book that teaches chess using analogies from sex, and vice versa. More info will be published later on Chessdom."

natalia-pogonina-13588.jpg

Hubba hubba... :blink:

[i couldn't access the home page]

• 2 months later...