150,000 piece record collection for sale on Ebay...

Chalupa

Do these massive lot sales every get purchased on eBay?

That's what I've always wondered. Someone starts a thread about some ridiculously high-priced "turn key" record business but I never follow up to see how they turn out. My guess is they don't - I don't think a lot of the normal-size record lots sell, but finding someone with $80,000 to spend, and in such a short period of time, seems unlikely. Kinda surprised that he didn't use the "Make me an offer" option. :g

Of the 150,000 records, "only" 20-30,000 of them are LP's. More than half are 45s, and another 30K are 78s. I know the market for 78s isn't all that great. Is the market for 45s any better?

I'd like to see:

"Here's a real treat – my "Odd-itorium" photo gallery, featuring strange, unusual, unique, "awful" and very cool records and record covers, sorted into more than 60 categories! Includes many great jazz LPs and wonderfully odd Christian LPs. So far there are about 2300 LPs posted on the site. As far as I know, this site features the largest and most diverse collection of this genre anywhere!

This is an increasingly-popular genre. Just do some searching on the Internet and you'll see!

Included in this sale are the records and the gallery itself. Please contact me through the link below for further details."

A friend of mine tried to sell 10,000 jazz CDs on ebay, by twenty five per week. He developed several loyal buyers, one of whom finally contacted him and offered him $45,000 for remainder of the entire collection. So there are some people with the cash to buy these large collections.

A friend of mine tried to sell 10,000 jazz CDs on ebay, by twenty five per week. He developed several loyal buyers, one of whom finally contacted him and offered him $45,000 for remainder of the entire collection. So there are some people with the cash to buy these large collections.

After the today news coming from Stock Exchanges worldwide I am starting to think that old records could be a better short term investment.