BFT #56 signup-Now with linky-dinks as of 3-22

BERIGAN

A friendly suggestion, though - a consistent file-naming formula (including spacing between characters) makes it a lot easier to transfer files between programs, as does calling some thing "01" instead of just "1". A minor hassle to correct, though.

sorry for my less than perfect tutoring of Berigan in this respect... he was faster than I assume, was done with everything and sent me the links before I could give my final tips... a fast learner, so to say :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disc 1 downloaded and extracted w/o a hitch!

Might add that .wma isn't my favorite file format, but it'll do. ;)

Funny, wma is my favorite file format. In fact, I'd marry it if I could! :P

I just did what the nice windows media player told me to do. I don't know how to make mp3's :blush:

A friendly suggestion, though - a consistent file-naming formula (including spacing between characters) makes it a lot easier to transfer files between programs, as does calling some thing "01" instead of just "1". A minor hassle to correct, though.

sorry for my less than perfect tutoring of Berigan in this respect... he was faster than I assume, was done with everything and sent me the links before I could give my final tips... a fast learner, so to say :)

I really don't know what the heck I was doing most of the time, just following instructions....I was bugging KU enough, wasn't going to put my luck with every little problem that came along! :)

I had all kinds of problems trying to number files in the Tag program. I had numbered 1-9 with no problems, then got to 10 and it went to the top of the list! I was terrified I would screw up the order, then start confusing what people heard with the list I had made(There's no Banjo on track 5, are smoking crack?)

Plus, the only time I had burned cds in the past was when I sold something, or put 2 short albums on one cd.

Never made a playlist before, and Windows media may not be the best system to use, but it's what I was familiar with. I even had to take the copy of a burn, and put it back on the hardrive for some reason that escapes me right now.

And my 2002 computer is starting to age. Can anyone explain why cds play like a tape going the wrong speed, but the files copied on the computer from said cds play correctly??? It's almost like less memory is used playing the copied files than spinning a cd! :crazy:

I had all kinds of problems trying to number files in the Tag program. I had numbered 1-9 with no problems, then got to 10 and it went to the top of the list!

The way around that is to name all files w/the same # digits. Instead of "Track 1", call it "Track 01". "Then wehn you get to "Track 10", the leading "1" will follow the leading "0" and all will be well.

Depending on the program/environment, there's quite often a hierarchy as to how files will be ordered, and it has everything to do with things like that, as well as "-" vs "." (that's especially noticeable when dates are involved), "%", "#", etc. as leading filename characters, and spaces between characters ("Track 2" will not necessarily follow "Track 1", because of the extra space in there!).

But no need to apologize or otherwise "feel bad". The only way I know this stuff is from screwing it up more than a few times myself... :w :w :w :w :w

Guest Bill Barton

On my fourth try, the first four tracks of each CD downloaded okay. Otherwise, still the same deal as before. I have to surmise that the digital gremlins are at play on this end of the connection. A stone-age PC and Windows 2000 probably don't help :o

Well, I made some discs thinking more people would want them shipped, so I will mail you out the pair. I have enough coasters as it is! ^_^

Thanks! I really appreciate it. Being something of a neo-Luddite I'm puzzled as to why the links work for others and don't for me. Sheesh, it must be a conspiracy... :ph34r:

Gee, it's the 25th already! Should a start a discussion page now??? So far, I am only mailing 3 people cds...I don't want to mess April up too much! Remember, I am a virgin here, so tell me what you want! Wait, something's not right with the way that came out. :rfr

Hopefully, I didn't make it so easy the folks getting cds won't have a chance to guess on some of the tracks...

Edited by BERIGAN

Gee, it's the 25th already! Should a start a discussion page now??? So far, I am only mailing 3 people cds...I don't want to mess April up too much! Remember, I am a virgin here, so tell me what you want! Wait, something's not right with the way that came out. :rfr

Hopefully, I didn't make it so easy the folks getting cds won't have a chance to guess on some of the tracks...

Distribution has started, you should open the discussion threads. People will post when they are ready. Heck I haven't even had a chance to download the files yet.

downloaded!!! :excited:

for some reason though my disc 2 only has 26 (not 27) tracks!

:blink:

Funny, I just double checked, and I see 26, not 27 tracks...but, that's what King Ubu said...

I think 26 is the correct number...I just put a blank disc in ,and there is only 2 minutes blank with 26 tracks(Of course, a track I thought I put on the playlist isn't there!) :ph34r:

Guest Bill Barton

On my fourth try, the first four tracks of each CD downloaded okay. Otherwise, still the same deal as before. I have to surmise that the digital gremlins are at play on this end of the connection. A stone-age PC and Windows 2000 probably don't help :o

Well, I made some discs thinking more people would want them shipped, so I will mail you out the pair. I have enough coasters as it is! ^_^

Many thanks! The discs arrived today. :excited: Over the weekend I should have a chance to start checking them out.

Conrad - disks arrived today, many thanks.

Richard

That was fast! :blink:

Much faster than Newbury Comics and Caiman USA! :rolleyes:

Well, don't think it only happens overseas! I ordered a Frankie Trumbauer Classics cd on Amazon from Caiman. No one else even had a copy, so I assumed the data was old...It took a full month after ordering, but they did at least have it!