Profile views

Van Basten II

Fooling around with the members list search tool, i saw that we could make a rundown of the members that people have seen their profile by others the most often. I expected that the top 10 would involve the regular cast of characters that haunts this fine forum and are posting regularly. So it was a little suprising to see who would appear on this leader board.

From 10 to 8 it made perfect sense with the old timers covering those positions

10 7/4 972 views

9 The Magnificent Goldberg 977 views

8 King Ubu 1078 views

7 Jim Alfredson 1078 views

6 Brownie 1087 views

5 Chuck Nessa 1207 views

4 J Sngry 1359 views

3 Joe G 1456 views

But what's screwed me out of my mind were the two top spots were covered by

2 Van Basten II 1689 views

Considering that i don't post that often, pretty suprised that i end up in second place, in average the 8 guys behind have posted in average 13000 messages each compared to my meager 1800 posts.

But to me this is not the most mind boggling of it all the number one spot for the guy who has seen his provile by the most people is drum rolls...........................................................................

................................................................................

1 Marsipulami with 2346 views

How the heck a guy that has posted 14 times and has not been active since march the 25th in 2005 ends up with this spot ?

Edited by Van Basten II

7/4 nailed it--people search for "Van Basten" or "marsipulami" and among the hits is the Organissimo profile. I don't know who Van Basten is, other than you, but Marsupilami is a well-established children's cartoon character in France.

63ed2b670a7f6e94abde4494d803d1d8.jpg

Edited by Tom Storer

Following Tom's logic, maybe people are googling for former soccer player turned coach Marco Van Basten, and getting turned on to Coltrane when they stumble into this board.

You're doing jazz a favor and you didn't even know it, VB! :D

My nick in an hommage to the former AC Milan player, following that logic i suggest among future names given to the next members should be Crack for free, Girl with big boobs, Penis enlargement and Barrack Obama.

When you look at someone else's profile you become a visitor, look at your profile and you'll see on the right side your latest visitors and the number who visited you.

As for the friends side, guess it's an easy way to have handy all the people that are closer to you on this board if you want to reach them fast.

Edited by Van Basten II

I did a search again, i've noticed that 7/4 has snatched away the 9th place The Magnificent Goldberg. And Jim Alfredson has passed in front of Brownie.

10 The Magnificent Goldberg 1013 views

9 7/4 1028 views

8 King Ubu 1127 views

7 Brownie 1138 views

6 Jim Alfredson 1191 views

5 Chuck Nessa 1303 views

4 J Sngry 1446 views

3 Joe G 1542 views

2 Van Basten II 1828 views

1 Marsupilami 2811 views

I'll keep you updated on the most exciting race this side of the Democratic Convention :ph34r:

• 3 months later...

A lot of drastic changes in this competition

10 mikeweil 2091

9 J Sngry 2182

8 Ghost of miles 2213

7 free for all 2325

6 Joe G 2343

5 Van Basten II 2427

4 Jim Alfredson 2481

3 7/4 2541

2 Chuck Nessa 2650

1 Marsupilami 6250

Out of the top ten are MG, Brownie and King Ubu. Chuck Nessa is getting popular big time moving up from 5th place to second place so is 7/4 who used to be 9th and is now in the top three. Marsupilame keeps attracting a lot of people though !