• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in my loudest Gould-ian voice

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS PHIL JACKSON DOING?

DO NOT FUCKING TAKE # 24 OUT OF THE MOTHERFUCKING GAME

JESUS CHRIST...........

THEN HE'S PUTTING IN CHRIS FUCKING MIHM

PHIL MUST BE SMOKING SOME GOOD FUCKING WEED

Now, I never really care about the NBA, but I have to admit I've got something of an emotional investment made in the whole "city of champions" thing. I was pissed as hell when the Giants won (for other reasons as well) and have really wanted to see the Celtics win it all.

So I finally visit this thread and what do I see? SS1 taking inspiration from me. :g

When the game started I figured that the Celtics were ready to just get back to Boston and get it done there for the home crowd. But now it looks like they are ready to make the Lakers look really bad at home again.

That's what you Laker fans always say when you get caught crying. The Pistons are not in the present picture so why go there. It is Boston vs. Lakers we are talking about. FYI I am not a Boston fan, just a basketball fan in this conversation. But if you do want to go there, the last memory I have of the Lakers and the Pistons in a final was the PISTONS KICKING LAKERS (supposed dream team) BEHINDS. :excited:

If Detroit had made it to the Finals, they'd be whoopin' the Lakers' asses now, too. The Lakers are just not that strong. Gasol is a good offensive player if he has a mismatch, but he has no defense and he can be shut down easily. Can you imagine 'Sheed on Gasol? I can... I've seen it many times. 'Sheed completely shuts him down. Once you do that, the Lakers basically become a one-man team again. I don't care how good Kobe is, he cannot beat the three-some of Pierce, Garnett, and Allen by himself.

Celtics will finish them off in Game 6.

So whattaya think, guys? Will it end tonight?

I think the Lakers win tonight, and then the Celtics win Game 6 on their home court.

Looks like you called it, Agg & Jim. Man, what an ass-whuppin'! Has there ever been a finals game this one-sided?

(my condolences to Noj, SS1 and any other Laker fans) :(

Edited by Free For All

I was surprised at the Lakers being favored too, but it was based on the Celtics struggling with the lowly Hawks and the mediocre Cavs before finding the form they'd had in the regular season about half way through the series with the Pistons. I sure wish the Celtics had still been in disarray by the time they reached the Finals!

Are we Having one hell of a stretch here in Boston or what ?.....6 championships in what 7 years !!!

It still kills me to think that Boston is sixty seconds and one impossible play from being champions in all three major sports.

Now its up to the Sox to keep it going (and you know how tough it is to repeat in baseball) to give the Patriots another shot.