HELP! Need an Italian "party music" playlist...

Shawn

I was just tasked with one of those last minute "oh my God we HAVE to have it" tasks at work. They are having a "Little Italy" party tomorrow, they want some good authentic sounding (but fun) italian music...I talked them out of opera...but now I need something else...and the only thing I can think of is Louis Prima (which I'm planning on using, but I don't have any so need some suggestions for signature tunes there as well).

Need stuff that's in print and available for sale online. Need about an hour's worth.

Any help would be appreciated!

Before Italy-based Italians (not umpteenth-generation expatriate Italians ;)) chime in, here's my 2c:

Get yourself a load of ADRIANO CELENTANO discs! Perfect for every Italo occasion, starting with his "Azzurro" classic and - for a change - right up to his 50s r'n'r cover sung in Italian! :D

And if you're more in a (retro-)swing mood, try RAY GELATO MEETS THE GOOD FELLAS.

Early italian rock'roll stuff: Adriano Celentano, Little Tony, Bobby Solo, (look for early records, aka pre 1970)

Italian beat rock, (Beatles style) : I Giganti, Equipe 84, Mal and The Primitives, Dik Dik, Patty Pravo, (pre 1970 too)

More refined stuff, with a jazzy taste: Renato Carosone, Paolo Conte, Fred Buscaglione.

Lucio Battisti, Domenico Modugno and Mina worth a research too. (both for slow and fast tempos).

More refined stuff, with a jazzy taste: Renato Carosone, Fred Buscaglione.

Yeah, that should be fun.

And to confuse those present, make a point of choosing those records marked "CANTA IN NAPOLITANO". :D :D

(The Godfather in the house will be soooo pleased! ;) )

Coming to think of it, how about MARINO MARINI?

Though I imagine records by some of the artists you name might perhaps be a bit difficult to get in the States.

More refined stuff, with a jazzy taste: Renato Carosone, Fred Buscaglione.

Yeah, that should be fun.

And to confuse those present, make a point of choosing those records marked "CANTA IN NAPOLITANO". :D :D

(The Godfather in the house will be soooo pleased! ;) )

Coming to think of it, how about MARINO MARINI?

Though I imagine records by some of the artists you name might perhaps be a bit difficult to get in the States.

Well, if Shawn had been given more advanced notice and time to travel he could have found everything he needed in several record stores in Brooklyn.