Speeding / Traffic Ticket Blues

anyone have those cameras installed for people that run red light in their hood?

someone in town jumped up and yanked the camera down so it was just taking pics of the ground :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup :tup

No, I don't agree with this at all. I'm one of the pedestrians who is nearly run over everyday by fucking selfish drivers running reds.

Chicago is going to be covered with these soon, and I can't wait. That's probably how Da Mare is going to balance the city budget -- off the backs of all the asshole drivers in this city.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone have those cameras installed for people that run red light in their hood?

Yup. In certain suburbs around Cleveland and downtown. Some news shows revealed where they were located around town. There are also cameras to catch speeders too.

Edited by Holy Ghost

Captain: I don't understand it. The Officer who stopped you said you told him you didn't have a license, stole the car, had a gun in the glove box, and that there was a dead body in the trunk.

Driver: Yeah, I'll bet he told you I was speeding, too.

:rofl:

Edited by 7/4

Slow down and save money with less fuel costs and no speedy fine. Speaking as someone who got nabbed years ago and now behaves better.

I think the better solution recently has been average speed cameras....drops peoples speed down a hell of a lot...imagine one at every motorway exit. that would stop all the speed up and then slow down merchants.

If the government want to tax people more for this ..I'm cool about it

Seriously? That sh*t still happens in court? :angry:

Anyway in jury matters in the UK we assume two principles

1 They (defendants) are always guilty if they make it to court (forgetting of course miscarriages of justice ^_^ ) due to the sheer paper work now involved

2 The new UK gov principle adopted from the high street of Try one Let one free. We only have so many places in prison so we have to let someone out to let someone in....let too many people out and then the next trials all have to end in a custodial sentence or prison would have spaces, which would lead to cut backs, which would lead to strikes, which would lead to riots etcetc

Edited by andybleaden

2 The new UK gov principal adopted from the high street of Try one Let one free.

:lol:

Ain't that the truth ! Until these 3 'super-prisons' are built then I see no change to this. Having said that - with the economy as it is we'll probably need more.

One of the great unfathomables - why is it some people get the call-out for dury service 2,3 or 4 times and some people (e.g. me) can go through their life without 1 callout. Not that I'm complaining.. :)

• 6 months later...

There's a town here in central Florida that is so notorious for it's speed traps that it's singled out by AAA. The highway (301) runs through the middle of town and the speed limit seems to change every few blocks, so unless you know you're driving through a speed trap, you'll get nailed if they're out there.

Ludowici, Georgia used to be famous for that! I was warned before I went there and drove about 20 through the place. Sure enough, you could see the vultures waiting to pounce.

There was another town in Georgia where they had a scam going with a remote control that operated a traffic signal. They would wait for an out-of-towner to go through the light at green and suddenly make it red as the victim went through. Nice little source of income for the town! They did it once too often though, hee hee. They trapped a State Senator with that little scheme, and he saw to it that the whole town was disincorporated and essentially dissolved.

All Americans know that that asshole Carter reduced the freeway and U.S. Hwy limits back in the 70s. Fuel crisis, save lives, blah, blah, blah.

Those reduced limits lasted for ages until they were finally done away with, in the late 90s I think. Anyway, in 1991, I had to drive in a hurry from Liberal, Kansas to Ft Worth, TX. The route was U.S. 83 for quite a spell, then set at 55 mph. I was doing 67 (nowhere near a town) when Sheriff Coltrane, having finished his donut, came around a corner and zapped me. He let me off though, but he said "Slow down and arrive in one piece." I.e. 67 is dangerous on this road. In 1997 I drove that road again and the limit was 70 outside of the towns! Nuff said, it's all pious, money-making bullshit.

And don't anyone start chanting about towns and school zones. I go real slow though those and watch like a hawk.

All Americans know that that asshole Carter reduced the freeway and U.S. Hwy limits back in the 70s. Fuel crisis, save lives, blah, blah, blah.

Those reduced limits lasted for ages until they were finally done away with, in the late 90s I think. Anyway, in 1991, I had to drive in a hurry from Liberal, Kansas to Ft Worth, TX. The route was U.S. 83 for quite a spell, then set at 55 mph. I was doing 67 (nowhere near a town) when Sheriff Coltrane, having finished his donut, came around a corner and zapped me. He let me off though, but he said "Slow down and arrive in one piece." I.e. 67 is dangerous on this road. In 1997 I drove that road again and the limit was 70 outside of the towns! Nuff said, it's all pious, money-making bullshit.

The law was changed in 1987 to allow states to raise limits to 65 on rural interstates. In fact, according to Wikipedia, Kansas was one of the states to make that change by the end of 1987.

Congress gave authority back to the states in 1995.

I imagine the drag from the trombone would prevent you from driving faster than the speed limit anyway. :w

Well, I do leave it in the back window so I can used handicapped parking. :)

And really, the trombone is a drag any way you look at it.

haha :lol:

I can hear it now. "That jerkoff is parked in a handicapped space and he doesn't have a decal or plates! Shhhhhh...., he has a trombone back there......, oh that poor man."

I'm reluctant to even say this because I'll probably jinx myself, but the last time I got a ticket was in 1977.

I remember because I was driving a bunch of my friends back from a Maynard Ferguson concert (Peter Erskine was playing drums, his pre-Weather Report days).

I remember that! Was that blow on the floor of your backseat??

I'm reluctant to even say this because I'll probably jinx myself, but the last time I got a ticket was in 1977.

I remember because I was driving a bunch of my friends back from a Maynard Ferguson concert (Peter Erskine was playing drums, his pre-Weather Report days).

I remember that! Was that blow on the floor of your backseat??

Yes, Miles251 was in the car. There was laundry detergent on the back seat and the cop wanted to know if it was coke. :rolleyes: