Blue Note For Breakfast

JSngry

If you're of a certain age, you probably remember when cereal boxes occasionally came with records built into the box, sort of a flexi-disc deal. Cut the record out of the box, and enjoy The Archies, The Bananna Splits a madcap adventure w/Count Chocula & Boo-Berry, you know, stuff like that.

Well, if you could put any Blue Note performance on a cereal box record, which one would it be? For extra fun, which cereal would your choice come with?

Jim, another great thread!

I'm having a hard time coming up with good breakfast ideas, but lunch is easy. Heck, Lou Donaldson could make a great lunch soundtrack. Maybe start with Hot Dog and move on to Grits and Gravy.

Too bad he didn't record for Blue Note, but Johnny Hodges would go very nicely with a bowl of Trix, since he was the Rabbit. :P

Actually, LD's Nice 'N Greasy would go nice with a McGriddle. Mmmmm, Nice 'N Greasy!

I've been going with Bud Powell The Scene Changes (especially "Duid Deed") for years. That head stays in my mind for hours. Never fails. Other than that, I go with *lighter* stuff (non-BN) like Stan Getz "Ginza Samba" from With Cal Tjader or Vince Guaraldi/Bola Sete From All Sides (which also features a version "Ginza Samba", now that I think about it).....

EDIT: Cheerios, by the way.

Edited by Brandon Burke