Things you wish nobody had thought up...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stationary logo images and pop-up program advertising we now see on our TV screens by every broadcaster.

It's gone way beyond the the small logo, now this shit actually blocks out parts of the picture.

I hate that shit too. Some of that pop-up program advertising is actually animated too, which is to say that you'll see some guy in the bottom third of the screen actually moving around while he gets in the way of your image. It's maddening.

Rap-GFatRaps.jpg

Couldn't we just make due with one treble hook? I mean, the fish is only taking one of 'em. It's suitable revenge for sure....but the fact that you end up concentrating so much on keeping the other flailing treble from puncturing your wrist means that you're failing to free the fish as rapidly and efficiently as possible for the quick trip back to the water.

The stationary logo images and pop-up program advertising we now see on our TV screens by every broadcaster.

It's gone way beyond the the small logo, now this shit actually blocks out parts of the picture.

I hate that shit too. Some of that pop-up program advertising is actually animated too, which is to say that you'll see some guy in the bottom third of the screen actually moving around while he gets in the way of your image. It's maddening.

Yeah, I love to be in the middle of watching a murder scene or something, only to have Frank Caliendo and Bill Engvall's big fucking heads pop up and dance around to remind us of a new show next week.

Afterwards, your like "what the fuck just happened?" "I'm here, watching and I and I still missed"!

Rap-GFatRaps.jpg

Couldn't we just make due with one treble hook? I mean, the fish is only taking one of 'em. It's suitable revenge for sure....but the fact that you end up concentrating so much on keeping the other flailing treble from puncturing your wrist means that you're failing to free the fish as rapidly and efficiently as possible for the quick trip back to the water.

A wire cutter will take care of that issue.

Yeah, I love to be in the middle of watching a murder scene or something, only to have Frank Caliendo and Bill Engvall's big fucking heads pop up and dance around to remind us of a new show next week.

Afterwards, your like "what the fuck just happened?" "I'm here, watching and I and I still missed"!

Amen to that!! I HATE them. It's gotten to the point that I feel violated whenever they all-too-frequently come on. Maybe someday they can come up with some kind of product that will block them.

Edited by mikelz777

Just shows the contempt they have for the viewers.

You'd think it would be enough that they load up an hour's worth of programming with 25 or 30 minutes of commercials. But no, then they've got to give you commercials WHILE YOU'RE WATCHING THE SHOW.

I really hate those hard plastic shells that things come packed in. You need major tools to cut through it (I've cut myself more than once on those sharp edges) and there's no doubt that material will probably never disappear from landfills.

The other things I hate are those little security stickies on CDs and DVDs. Sometimes it's a bit of a project to remove them.

I really hate those hard plastic shells that things come packed in. You need major tools to cut through it (I've cut myself more than once on those sharp edges) and there's no doubt that material will probably never disappear from landfills.

The other things I hate are those little security stickies on CDs and DVDs. Sometimes it's a bit of a project to remove them.

"Blister Packs"

I hate that there are TWO separate "yellow-pages" type phone directory companies now (at least in most major cities).

EVERY business has to buy listings in BOTH versions (so double the expense for them), and the public is never really sure they're looking at EVERY listing for a particular business type (i.e. "locksmiths"), unless they look in BOTH directories, and consider the superset of the listings found in both.

And DOUBLE the wasted paper being printed (needlessly) for what most people look up on-line anyway, I would imagine.

So many things about the grocery store have annoyed me for a while now, including the produce stickers.

Grocery bags. I'm glad that the trend is to bring your own bag to the store again. My grandmother used to bring her own bags. Maybe that's why it made no sense to me that people would take trash from the store and throw it away at their house.

Do I really need a bag to put my bag of potato chips in? No. Would I like a bag for my chapstick? Seriously? One bag is plenty for the orange juice.

Produce bags. Do I really need to bag my apples? God forbid they touch my tomatoes.

Unfortunately, I know someone who makes their living selling bags to grocery stores. I understand why they push those damn things on us.

Grocery bags. I'm glad that the trend is to bring your own bag to the store again. My grandmother used to bring her own bags. Do I really need a bag to put my bag of potato chips in? No. Would I like a bag for my chapstick? Seriously? One bag is plenty for the orange juice.

My theory is to make disposable plastic (or paper) grocery bags the same price as the reusable canvas bags.

In other words, charge $2 per bag, no matter what kind it is, paper, plastic, or canvas.

If everyone had a pay a $2 surcharge for every bag they DIDN'T bring to the store for reuse, that'd fuckin' cure people REAL quick of using BILLIONS of 'disposable' bags per year. :rlol

I'm serious. :cool: