Hoops 2008-2009

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad that Starbaby won't be getting a ring.

Me too

You make $20 million and the coach puts you in the game and you freaking refuse

Good luck getting another contract in that price range

Sorry to ask, but to whom are you referring?

Okay, I didn't start watching the NBA until around 2001. Please explain! I'm dying here!!!!

1997 playoffs - Miami vs. N.Y. Late in game 5, Charlie Ward undercut P.J. Brown while both were attempting to rebound a free throw. A brawl ensued, several Knicks left the bench & were suspended. Van Gundy came onto the court - claimed he was trying to stop the brawl - ended up hanging onto one of Alonzo Mourning's legs.

I'm sure someone can come up with a video for this. I'm too tired to look for one.

edit - Knicks lost the series - probably because of the suspensions.

Edited by paul secor

Okay, I didn't start watching the NBA until around 2001. Please explain! I'm dying here!!!!

1997 playoffs - Miami vs. N.Y. Late in game 5, Charlie Ward undercut P.J. Brown while both were attempting to rebound a free throw. A brawl ensued, several Knicks left the bench & were suspended. Van Gundy came onto the court - claimed he was trying to stop the brawl - ended up hanging onto one of Alonzo Mourning's legs.

I'm sure someone can come up with a video for this. I'm too tired to look for one.

It was the 1998 play offs

It was LJ vs Zo and there was bad blood between them from their Charlotte days together

Am I the only one who thinks that the Celtics went into the series with the heat moratlly wounded by the Bulls? It's like they were already bleeding to death, it just took 'em a while to get there.

Well, moral (or near mortal) victories aren't particularly interesting to fans. However, the Bulls outperformed all expectations, and most people I know are fairly excited about next season, since it looks like they are back on an upwards trajectory. Getting to draft Rose from the lottery really made a huge difference, and I have to give Paxton props, his trades worked this time around. (Boston can console themselves to some degree that this would not have happened with KG healthy, so assuming his injuries aren't career-ending they should be a force next year.)

What I think the Bulls proved was that no one really had to fear Boston, even on their home court, and yes, I think that was very helpful to Orlando in getting over the hump of game 7 in Boston. And yeah, it probably didn't hurt that the Celtics are a bit older and actually played the equivalent of 8+ games (well, at least it felt like that).

So maybe Van Gundy owes Vinny a nice thank you card and some flowers.

Edited by ejp626

It was the 1998 play offs

It was LJ vs Zo and there was bad blood between them from their Charlotte days together

Not a big deal at this late date, but it was 1997 & the fracas started with Charlie Ward & P.J. Brown. I watched it.