Official Dexter Gordon Bulletin Board (Discussion Forums)

shawoody

• 1 month later...

Well, since Dexter Gordon is one of my many favourites and at least I think I know something about his music and his life,I was glad to post 3 times at that mentioned forum, but ....let´s say it this way: I hope that eventually some people who are willing to write will be able to exchange impressions , reviewing records, so that we can get into a more mutual thing (at least that´s what I expect when I register into a forum). Look, if you playing, you also have to communicate, you don´t play your shit only for yourself.....

Now, I tried to start something, since there was a chapter about Dexters BlueNote Years and the 60´s I found it might be a good idea to review one of my favourite albums.

But nothing happened.

Another thread from the same forum (the chapter about the BN/60´s period) describes Dexter´s Bopland-sessions and a live date from the 70´s . Now I´d ask what has that to do with the topic, especially if they got separate chapters for those periods (40´s , 50´s, 70´s and so on....). I hope things will change a bit. Otherwise it might not be the right place for me to discuss Dexter´s music with other people.

Looks like a good site. Thanks for posting; I hadn't seen it before.

Great avatar! :cool:

Great minds think alike! Everyone digs Go but Our Man in Paris is my favorite Dex album...it doesn't hurt that I'm a huge Bud Powell Fan.

Great! I´m also a huge Bud Powell Fan, as you can see on my avatar. And of course I love everything Dexter Gordon did.

Looks like a good site. Thanks for posting; I hadn't seen it before.

Great avatar! :cool:

Great minds think alike! Everyone digs Go but Our Man in Paris is my favorite Dex album...it doesn't hurt that I'm a huge Bud Powell Fan.

I have an affinity for A Swingin' Affair since it was recorded on the day I was born!