Jackie McLean "One Step Beyond" RVG

whiskeycat

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen information on any previous replacements on the website, it may have been there, but I've never heard of it or seen it.

I guess we'll have to wait til we hear from Kevin or someone else here. I'm not impatient; I know in time we'll have a way to get a replacement. Probably another month or so, just a guess considering the past events.

The faulty one is still for sale at amazon; the faulty downloads are still on itunes; they never replaced the last faulty version of this title. I'd say bring it back to the store and wait to repurchase until you know it's been fixed. I think they will continue to sell stock they have until it is exhausted, and maybe even reprint; the percentage of returns may be low, the costs and trouble of resetting it quite high. Maybe it will get redone, but we're not aware of any firm commitment, and keeping the faulty version on sale looks like a commitment to something else...

• 4 weeks later...

Any new updates on getting a replacement disc? I figure we must be getting close...

They are still pushing the dud.

Not surprised. The last major recall that I can remember was the defective Dialogue disk...and they were pretty quick to address and resolve that issue.

I guess the greatest f*ck up cover didn't reach the US since it was an EU thing only. On the cover of Oblique Herbie's last name was spelled: Handcock. Tom @ BN saw it just in time for the US version to be printed.

By the way the 2 Japanese TOCJ versions mentioned don't have the alternate take so it's easier not to screw this up!!!

I guess the greatest f*ck up cover didn't reach the US since it was an EU thing only. On the cover of Oblique Herbie's last name was spelled: Handcock. Tom @ BN saw it just in time for the US version to be printed.

I wonder how many of those were sold in the EU before the mistake was noted. Collector's item? :rsmile:

And of course he has nothing else to do...........

nobody expects him to fix this all by himself (i guess)... but if your business model is reissuing out the same music again and again in different incarnations you got to do it properly - we're not talking about the tyrone washington trrainwreck here...

Will consumers be able to return the defective product? That is the main question.

I suggest that you email Mosaic, and ask them how to go about getting a corrected copy.

Don't have the CD; I was just asking for others' benefit.

Then by all means, feel free to do something for the benefit of others.